“Great Thai food”

Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Stornoway
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Thought it was time to update my review...

Fairly unpretentious decor, and perhaps not the best place for a candle-lit dinner, but they have great food. It's bring-your-own too, which keeps the cost down.

For a vegetarian like me, there aren't a whole ton of choices, but I can vouch for the green and red curries, and the deep friend corn patties are great. They've recently started doing tofu dishes too (yay!).

For some reason lots of the other veggie mains seem to be mushroom + something, which is a little annoying since I don't love mushrooms! The curries are also a little lacking in spice for my taste.

My only real annoyance is that they list some dishes as vegetarian and then include oyster sauce in the ingredients. This shouldn't really be allowed...

Having said all that, I'd definitely recommend a visit if you are in town.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Went there for my birthday, third visit to this restaurant, was fabulous xx. Would definately go again next time I visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great Thai food at a reasonable price.
My only grouch would be that the desserts are a bit overpriced for what they are (bulk bought frozen dessert from the cash and carry)
At an average of £4.95 they were the same price as the freshly made desserts in Digby Chick and pale by comparison

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Best meal I've ever had in Stornoway. Very very tasty. Can't fault it one bit. I'm looking forward to going back.

1  Thank findals
Reviewed 8 June 2014

It may look shabby outside and not very posh in but the food is good. Remember its BYOB we forgot so just had soft drinks.We had the vegetable spring rolls and the prawn tempura to start. Very hot ,bit thick batter but the dip was lovely sweet and chilli yum. Next chicken jungle curry with fried rice and steamed rice with the vegetable thai green curry. The flavours were spot on and tasted like a proper thai meal. My green curry had Thai basil was warming spicy and coconut milk really good. The jungle curry had a thinner sauce and was not as hot as mine so hubby informed me but it had loads of chicken and veg and was very nice.

1  Thank GlasgowWinenut