“Fair food”

Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Stornoway
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We eaten here on most of our visits to Lewis. The food is good and nicely presented. Service can be a bit slow at busy times.

1  Thank Alison M
There are newer reviews for The Boatshed Restaurant

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We booked a table at this restaurant for seven o clock, we were ten minutes early so we got handed the early bird menu. I asked would it be possible to have the other menu and was told no, it was still before seven. We both has steak, was not very hot and very tough, would not visit this restaurant again. We were also seated right at back of restaurant, was very dark, although lots of other tables free

1  Thank Katherine S
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Having tried several restaurants in Stornoway on my business trip this week and making comment on tripadvisor, so far The Boatshed stands out for customer service, quality of food, value for money and atmosphere.

I had Mussels to start with, followed by Aberdeen Angus Steak, and I must say it was perfect, the staff was very attentive and kept me topped up with drinks, they really did a outstanding job, and the chef cooked my steak to perfection.

Even got free access to Wi-Fi, unlike 2 others restaurants who had none, so did make writing this review easier.

Thanks to all the staff in The Boatshed, I will come back with friends.

1  Thank AdiOsborne
Reviewed 30 June 2014

good service and reasonable prices,early bird menu good price if you can eat before 7 pm, in good position overlooking marina

1  Thank LeedsBigmax
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Couldn't decide what to do for dinner and husband recommended going as he had previously stayed in the hotel and dined in the restaurant. Went for the early bird package which is 2 courses for £18 or £22 for 3.

2 adults and 4 children made up the dining party and when we entered the reception we were asked if we had booked. We hadn't but they said they could fit us in. It took them a good 10 minutes to set up our table but once we were seated we were the only people in the restaurant. 3 of the kids wanted the children's menu which included main course, cocktail and an ice-cream cone for just under £7 which is reasonable.

We ordered 1 kids macaroni, 1 pizza and 1 sausage n chips. They came out with our starters as requested and u had asked if the pizza was homemade. The waiter advised they were but it was shop bought bases which was tough with too much tomato base over run with with too much cheese. Needless to say my son only ate a small amount and he loves his pizza. The rest of the kids meals were fine and the choice of ice-cream was a good selection which the kids enjoyed.

I ordered the melon and fruit which was lovely and light and the other starter ordered was the black pudding and haggis which was quite a large starter and enjoyable too. I then had the grilled pork, served with Savoy cabbage. If you blinked you would miss the cabbage and the potato cake added nothing to the dish. The pork was extremely dry and fatty so I put this to the side and had some of my husbands chicken which was moist and tasty. The sauce for the pork was lovely and I enjoyed this with the vegetables. Staff were attentive if a little slow. The pork dish was taken of the bill and staff were apologetic. We ordered the sticky toffee pudding for dessert and this was nice.

Think there is better places on the island to eat both in quality and price. Not sure if I would return again.

1  Thank ayrshirelass79