“Good food and ambience”

Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Stornoway
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Visited for evening meal with my family. All had excellent food and the service was very good. Restaurant is part of the a Royal Hotel and situated by the water....felt quite magical and added to a relaxing holiday in the Outer Hebrides.

1  Thank Elaine B

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We eaten here on most of our visits to Lewis. The food is good and nicely presented. Service can be a bit slow at busy times.

1  Thank Alison M
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We booked a table at this restaurant for seven o clock, we were ten minutes early so we got handed the early bird menu. I asked would it be possible to have the other menu and was told no, it was still before seven. We both has steak, was not very hot and very tough, would not visit this restaurant again. We were also seated right at back of restaurant, was very dark, although lots of other tables free

1  Thank Katherine S
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Having tried several restaurants in Stornoway on my business trip this week and making comment on tripadvisor, so far The Boatshed stands out for customer service, quality of food, value for money and atmosphere.

I had Mussels to start with, followed by Aberdeen Angus Steak, and I must say it was perfect, the staff was very attentive and kept me topped up with drinks, they really did a outstanding job, and the chef cooked my steak to perfection.

Even got free access to Wi-Fi, unlike 2 others restaurants who had none, so did make writing this review easier.

Thanks to all the staff in The Boatshed, I will come back with friends.

1  Thank AdiOsborne
Reviewed 30 June 2014

good service and reasonable prices,early bird menu good price if you can eat before 7 pm, in good position overlooking marina

1  Thank LeedsBigmax