“All over too soon”

Dunroamin Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stornoway
Dunroamin Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 24 Stornoway B&B and Inns
Leeds
“All over too soon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

It took a while to find this place and I wasn't sure about it when I booked as everything seemed so relaxed, unlike most guest houses these days. However, everything was absolutely perfect - spotlessly clean, great mattress, lovely big bath (room 5), good breakfast and a wonderful doubleact from the hosts, in all respects. They could not have been more welcoming or accommodating - thank you. None of this 21st century minimalist decor so don't bother coming if that is your priority - above warmth and comfort.

Room Tip: room 5 is apparently the only one with a bath. it is though on the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChiefmapreaderLeeds

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is what you want from a b&b. You feel like your being welcomed into someone's home rather than being just another customer. My room was very comfortable, the breakfast was perfect and there was a good atmosphere among all the guests at breakfast. I would definitely recommend and I will be back if I ever make it to Lewis again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Tain, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

stayed here for 4 nights as was at a wedding
maggie and donnie went out of they way to make us very welcome
told us where we could get what we needed to attend our nethews wedding
breakfast was fantasic just what you needed to set you up for the day
we will be back

Room Tip: all rooms r great
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandra14252
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

This b& b best yet offers same as most as stated bed and breakfast but our host Margaret and Donnie go out of their way to ensure is stay is memorable they were friendly and made me so welcome being on my own they were always making sure I was ok which was comforting as I travelled alone I felt like family their service was indeed the best and I have booked next year and Donnie made me the most fantastic breakfasts rooms clean and comfortable and nothing too much trouble they want their guest to enjoy and that's what I did highly recommend thank you so much

Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Rosemary G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

I had a really enjoyable week's stay at Dubroamin, which is perfectly located in Stornoway. The hosts were super friendly & breakfast choice & quality the best I've had in a b&b. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Scotscot
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

I am not surprised at the overall excellent ratings for this Establishment... the attention to detail, level of service, and Hebridean friendliness make a stay here a pleasure...
Margaret and Donnie seem to derive pleasure from providing this level of service and you would not find better in an establishment that was four times the price...
Lovely people... lovely place...

Room Tip: If you like a 'big' bed get the double en suite... Very Very comfortable...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank David M
Morpeth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

We arrived here early on a slightly chilly Sunday, having cycled in to Stornaway. Margaret let us in very early by phone - and ensured we were comfortably settled in later that day. The room, and bathroom were clean, pleasant and comfortable - and a good place to rest our weary legs. We were given a packed lunch in lieu of breakfast the next day as we were off so early which was absolutely perfect! We were sorry to miss the blackpudding though.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple