“Warm welcome and great place to stay”

Dunroamin Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stornoway
Dunroamin Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 24 Stornoway B&B and Inns
Bexley, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome and great place to stay”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed here for a night, and some colleagues of mine were here for three nights.
We all agreed that Dunroamin was an excellent place to stay.

The welcome from Donnie and Margaret was warm, and they offered plenty of local advice. There was a good choice of cereals and cooked foods at breakfast, and the rooms were comfortable. The price per night was reasonable as we'll.

There is WiFi throughout the B&B, parking is on street, but didn't seem to be a problem.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights and would recommend this place to anyone. Donnie and Margaret were great hosts, the room had everything I needed and the breakfast was great. Will definitely booking here again, if only to give Donnie some more strange requests!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I had the pleasure of staying in this B&B for 7 nights whilst in Stornoway through my work. My hosts were the very friendly Maggie and Donnie. It is Ideally situated 5 minutes walk from all restaurants, bars, shops and just a few minutes drive from the ferry terminal. The room was perfect, I was on the ground floor the only downstairs room and I basically fell out of bed and into the breakfast room!!
This would make ideal accommodation for elderly/disabled people as most accommodation has stairs involved but this is all on the one level - speaking first hand on a personal note I know it would be the type of accommodation my grandmother would require.
Breakfast was just fantastic. Cooked by our very own Maggie! A good cooked breakfast is just what you want before you start your day at work, especially when you are going to be working outside in the winter time!! There is also a sitting room for your use which is handy and I even had the freedom of the kitchen one morning as I had to leave for work before breakfast time!! Absolutely fantastic service.
As I was on my own, Donnie gave me a quick tour of the centre of town on my first night, and told me all the highlights and recommended places, There are so many I never managed to get round them all, but that is a good excuse to come back!! When I do return, Dunroamin B&B will be the first place I will be calling for a room.

Room Tip: I only seen the downstairs room but id imagine they are all great.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We have recently spent 5 nights at Dunroamin B&B and it was fantastic. We wanted freedom to visit people and places, a base to come back to, advice about restaurants and a friendly atmosphere - Margaret and Donnie provided all that and more. We have stayed at Dunroamin in the past and we would do so again. It is value for money as well as a good laugh! Highly recommended! Monica and David, Maidenhead

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Monica M
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2013

A recent tour of the highlands included two nights at Dunroamin and I would have happily stayed longer. Margaret & Donnie provide a warm, good-humoured welcome and you really do feel as if you're visiting friends in their home. I enjoyed Room 6 (the new ground floor room just next to the breakfast room) with a great bathroom. There were twin beds there during my (solo) visit but it would be a bit snug for two people with luggage. However the bed was superbly comfortable and the room was very quiet. Breakfast was a treat and we were kindly given the run of the dining area and kitchen when the weather forced me and a couple of tour companions to bring supermarket food 'home' for dinner....rather than brave the gale, looking for a restaurant. I have travelled throughout Scotland on several occasions and would have no hesitation in recommending Dunroamin to other travellers who like clean, comfy and hospitable accommodation.

Room Tip: Room 6 on the ground floor is great for solos.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Cherie C
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2013

First time I have B&B'd in years and I found this a fantastic re-introduction. The welcome by Donnie was great and we were shown to our rooms after a "wee blether". My mother had room 6, the new double en-suite in the rear of the hotel (just off the breakfast room) and I had room 3 on the 1st floor. Dunromin sits in Plantation Road, a quiet street just 5 mins walk from the town centre and 3-5 minutes drive to the ferry. There is plenty of parking around it. We spent 3 nights there and thoroughly enjoyed it. Once you checked in - you got you key, the workings of the house were explained, breakfast booking cards were handed out and you were on your own - it was just like being in a "boutique hotel". The building is old and in immaculate condition. The guest sitting room was very good with a very large flat screen TV.

Room 6 is a recent addition to the B&B - comfortable double bed, and a modern en-suite ( with a shower room). Room had a TV, instant hot water maker, tea/coffee and biscuits! Room was bright and airy. Room 6 on the 1st floor shared a toilet/shower with rooms 1&2. Bed was a large single and the room had a sink, TV, chair and a wardrobe. Toilet came with soap, shampoo, conditioner and even earbuds!!.

Breakfasts were absolutely excellent - cooked fresh by Margaret. The list you are given you turn in the night before after ticking what you want. Cooked breakfast was immense but I also liked their cold breakfast - cereals, fresh fruit salad, fruit juices yoghurt. Coffee was excellent. The new breakfast room has 3 tables and is very pleasant.

The B&B was great value for money.

The hosts Donnie and Margaret were excellent - around, but not in your face.

All in all we had a very good experience in Dunroamin and will almost certainly go back if we visit Stornoway again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Honisoiquimalypense
Leeds
Reviewed 15 June 2013

It took a while to find this place and I wasn't sure about it when I booked as everything seemed so relaxed, unlike most guest houses these days. However, everything was absolutely perfect - spotlessly clean, great mattress, lovely big bath (room 5), good breakfast and a wonderful doubleact from the hosts, in all respects. They could not have been more welcoming or accommodating - thank you. None of this 21st century minimalist decor so don't bother coming if that is your priority - above warmth and comfort.

Room Tip: room 5 is apparently the only one with a bath. it is though on the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple