“When you're done roamin' on the Isle of Lewis”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stornoway
Dunroamin Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 24 Stornoway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Go stay with Donnie and Margaret Macleod at Dun Roamin Bed and Breakfast in Stornoway. Pleasant rooms, (If you want a double, ask for the en suite room with a bathtub AND separate shower.) comfortable beds, good Scottish breakfast. But it's Donnie and Margaret who will make your stay memorable. They clearly love what they do, and they'll have you down for a chat that will leave you with tears in your eyes from laughing so hard.

Room Tip: Ask for the room on the third floor with the big bathroom with the tub and separate shower.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sue D

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Our last stop in the Hebrides after cycling from
Barra.Lovely welcoming hosts,great shower and comfy bed.We had to leave at 6am to catch the ferry so our hosts kindly left us a packed lunch in the fridge which went down very well!!The breakfast menu also looked fab though.Would definitely stay here again.In fact after arriving back in London I'm
tempted to turn around!Thanks so much.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank bryonywalden
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed here for a night, and some colleagues of mine were here for three nights.
We all agreed that Dunroamin was an excellent place to stay.

The welcome from Donnie and Margaret was warm, and they offered plenty of local advice. There was a good choice of cereals and cooked foods at breakfast, and the rooms were comfortable. The price per night was reasonable as we'll.

There is WiFi throughout the B&B, parking is on street, but didn't seem to be a problem.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights and would recommend this place to anyone. Donnie and Margaret were great hosts, the room had everything I needed and the breakfast was great. Will definitely booking here again, if only to give Donnie some more strange requests!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I had the pleasure of staying in this B&B for 7 nights whilst in Stornoway through my work. My hosts were the very friendly Maggie and Donnie. It is Ideally situated 5 minutes walk from all restaurants, bars, shops and just a few minutes drive from the ferry terminal. The room was perfect, I was on the ground floor the only downstairs room and I basically fell out of bed and into the breakfast room!!
This would make ideal accommodation for elderly/disabled people as most accommodation has stairs involved but this is all on the one level - speaking first hand on a personal note I know it would be the type of accommodation my grandmother would require.
Breakfast was just fantastic. Cooked by our very own Maggie! A good cooked breakfast is just what you want before you start your day at work, especially when you are going to be working outside in the winter time!! There is also a sitting room for your use which is handy and I even had the freedom of the kitchen one morning as I had to leave for work before breakfast time!! Absolutely fantastic service.
As I was on my own, Donnie gave me a quick tour of the centre of town on my first night, and told me all the highlights and recommended places, There are so many I never managed to get round them all, but that is a good excuse to come back!! When I do return, Dunroamin B&B will be the first place I will be calling for a room.

Room Tip: I only seen the downstairs room but id imagine they are all great.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We have recently spent 5 nights at Dunroamin B&B and it was fantastic. We wanted freedom to visit people and places, a base to come back to, advice about restaurants and a friendly atmosphere - Margaret and Donnie provided all that and more. We have stayed at Dunroamin in the past and we would do so again. It is value for money as well as a good laugh! Highly recommended! Monica and David, Maidenhead

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Monica M
Reviewed 18 June 2013

A recent tour of the highlands included two nights at Dunroamin and I would have happily stayed longer. Margaret & Donnie provide a warm, good-humoured welcome and you really do feel as if you're visiting friends in their home. I enjoyed Room 6 (the new ground floor room just next to the breakfast room) with a great bathroom. There were twin beds there during my (solo) visit but it would be a bit snug for two people with luggage. However the bed was superbly comfortable and the room was very quiet. Breakfast was a treat and we were kindly given the run of the dining area and kitchen when the weather forced me and a couple of tour companions to bring supermarket food 'home' for dinner....rather than brave the gale, looking for a restaurant. I have travelled throughout Scotland on several occasions and would have no hesitation in recommending Dunroamin to other travellers who like clean, comfy and hospitable accommodation.

Room Tip: Room 6 on the ground floor is great for solos.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo