“First Class!”

Ranked #17 of 43 Restaurants in Stornoway
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Spent two nights in the Hotel, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Clean comfortable room, helpful staff, and two very good dinners...a memorable stay!

1  Thank Perersfield

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Dropped in for Sunday lunch as,rain had stopped us doing outside stuff. Basically the whole experience was excellent, pleasant helpful staff, and the beef Sunday dinner was superb. Lots of moist tender beef, lightly cooked veg, tasty good gravy. Hard to expand much on a Sunday lunch but this place has made it well worth a visit.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Having dined at all major restaurants in Stornoway during my time there, none of them compare to Solas Restaurant in the Cabarfeidh Hotel!
A warm, friendly welcome from all members of staff, a great range of choice from the menus, I have never been disappointed with the quantity or quality of the food in Solas, always served to the highest standard!
There is a great range of choice in the wine list also, but most impressive of all is the vast array of gins available, I am led to believe there is 30+ available! For gin lovers and novices alike this is heaven, there will be a gin to suit everyone! Try the cocktails as well, some rather uniqe but lovely concoctions available!

Overall this restaurant has definitely earned it's 4 star reputation, my favourite place to eat in Stornoway & I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great dinner & drinks! You definitely get your money's worth
¬

2  Thank ginlove
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Just had a 3 course dinner at Solas and it was absolutely delicious, best food I've had in years. Would go every night if I could :)

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have reviewed Solas before, but make no apologies for singing its praises again. Went there last Saturday night with friends and had a wonderful meal. Knew there was a bit of a re-shuffle in the kitchen and was delighted that Eoghainn has managed to add to the restaurant's already blossoming reputation.
I started with the smoked salmon terrine which was rich and strong, but light and very tasty.
The main course was venison and I have to say, whist always a fan of the meat, I have on occasion found dishes (not here) where it has been poorly cooked leading to a disappointing meal.
This was perfect.
Simply perfect.
I can honestly say that I have seldom tasted a meat dish so succulent.
I am not known for being silent for long periods of time, but I'm afraid my contribution to the conversation at our table completely stopped whilst I 'appreciated' what was in front of me.
I followed with the Banoffee Pie and a dollop of ice-cream, then in a moment of clarity ( I don't have many), asked for the cheese-board and a coffee.
The perfect compliment to one of the best meals I've had in many years

2  Thank NorrieT