“Good choice for dinner”

Ranked #14 of 43 Restaurants in Stornoway
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had Sunday tea in this restaurant which is in the Caberfeidh hotel. The Sunday menu is really good value with a fixed price for one, two or three courses. Not the hugest selection but a good variety of food. Both mine and my partner's meals were really tasty. We shared cheese for pudding which was a lovely selection from the islands if a little short on oatcakes!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Nice easy going place - not a fantastic menu but study it hard and make the right choice - My wife ordered off the "mains" I ordered off the "Lights" but boosted it with a couple of side dishes !

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I've only ever been to Solas once but I'll defiantly be back. Reading the previous reviews, I see that the new chef is a hit so I can't wait to experience his food. It was a very special occasion for myself and my boyfriend when we booked. When we arrived, we were sat in a lovely quiet area of the restaurant, looked like a conservatory. The food was fantastic and the service was just as good. I can't wait to come back!

2  Thank JustAnotherIslander
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We enjoyed a delicious lunch here on a recent visit to Stornoway. The menu was interesting and the food was delicious and well presented. It was midweek lunch and we were the only diners which was a shame. We had planned to go there again on the Saturday for dinner but it was fully booked! The word has spread! It's great that this restaurant is doing well again as it has in the past been a hit or a miss.

2  Thank Norma G
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Spent two nights in the Hotel, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Clean comfortable room, helpful staff, and two very good dinners...a memorable stay!

1  Thank Perersfield