“Excellent Lunch.” 4 of 5 bubbles

The County
Ranked #23 of 39 Restaurants in Stornoway
Cuisines: Indian, British, Scottish
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Also a hotel, but I want to be able to review it as a restaurant - without details of a stay
highlands
“Excellent Lunch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Four of us had lunch last week in the hotel restaurant. Service was noticeably quick and efficient, and before long we enjoyed a choice of food. We each chose something different, and we were all satisfied with our own selection. It's the sort of place I wouldn't hesitate to use again, should I have freinds in town. If I was to be a little critical of just one thing I wasn't exactly blown away with the choice of a House white wine, the Sauvingion Blanc. But, Hey! I'm a red drinker anyway. Yes I'd go back here again.

• Visited July 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Oh dear, nothing nice at all!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Decided against going with the curry menu as we were due on a flight. What a mistake! We ordered the cheeseburger and chicken fajitas from the very hard to locate waiting staff. The cheeseburger was cold, and the fajitas were ...horrible. The sauce was full of crunchy fajita mix. Couldn't find anyone to complain to. Finally managed to settle the bill and made a run for it.

3 Thank andrew b
St. Andrews
“A good fallback”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

The County Hotel is centrally located in Stornoway, and offers its diners tables within a converted pub setting. First impressions might not offer much expectation of fine dining, but this is deceptive. The County has a recommended curry menu which I have not tried, but my own experiences involve booking a standard dinner with business colleagues when other locations were fully-booked. As a result, I have been surprised by the reliability and quality of its ordinary menu. Nothing too exotic, but well-cooked and well-presented fresh local produce: the fish is highly recommended. Service is attentive and the wine list satisfatory and reasonably priced, as is the food. You would perhaps not want to choose this restaurant for a special occasion, since the atmosphere is always quite busy, but as a relaible fallback the County Hotel provides an excellent standby.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Denby, United Kingdom
“Good coffee - the lobby is a nice place to relax”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very enjoyable place to have a coffee or a drink in the lobby. The hotel is away from the main shopping area. The only drawback I can see is the smell - Indian dishes form part of the hotels menu and there is a strong odour of Indian spices. Which some people may find off putting. I cannot comment on the rooms as I haven't stayed.

Visited December 2013
Aberdeen
“Very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This is a very average Indian. I've eaten in many Indians and to be honest the taste of the food is very different to others. I would not choose this place if eating with friends.

• Visited June 2014