“Lots of local produce” 5 of 5 bubbles

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Lots of local produce”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

We bought some local cream cheese and AMAZING smoked beef which we took on our camper van holiday with us. We were honeymooning in the Hebrides and this was a great start. We never found anywhere else selling the smoked beef so don't miss out!!

2 Thank ClearlyAM

Glasgow, United Kingdom
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Best In Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

I really enjoy visiting stornoway but when you have a 5 yr old with you the choice of decent restaurants isnt huge.
We tend to just stick to a couple of places that we know are family friendly & while they are ok they are usually just ok & not great.
On this short break we have had takeaways from an Indian, a chip shop & we have also dined out at two local restaurants.
But none of them have served food that was as good as a simple sandwich that my wife picked up for me at the good food boutique.
After a visit to an lanntair where I had ordered 2 courses on one evening I found myself wishing my wife had just bought me 2 sandwiches instead of 1 and I could have had it for lunch & dinner.
They were excellent & the shop has many other treats available.
The next time were in stornoway it's a good bet that I will be doing my food shopping here instead of eating out.
The quality of goods is much better than any other place in town and that makes all the difference.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Brian W
Isle of Lewis, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Long May They Prosper”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

I must try to visit this shop more often and I would urge all readers who are Stornoway food shoppers to do the same. The brown lentil and mushroom pate and little cheese-stuffed red peppers were yesterday's lunch and are "to die for". There is a wonderful selection of fresh, bottled and tinned delicacies. Do try the raspberry and pepper salad dressing. But I could go on forever. Just treat yourself!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank addanegg
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“What a wonderful little shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

I've been shopping here since it opened and have found this shop to be foodie heaven. The perfect service, the astonishing range of cheeses, oils, teas and assorted goodies, plus the way there is always something new to try. A particular favourite are the exquisite little stuffed peppers. It's not that long ago that fresh chillies were first available in Stornoway - I had to stop a little old lady from nibbling on a green chilli to "see what it was like"!

Troon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“a gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

love this shop a must every time we go always something that bit special great wine selection

Visited April 2012