See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Very good accommodation, ideally situated in the centre of Stornoway. Much better inside than what you see on the outside. Comfortable, large and clean room. Large flat screen TV, radio and ipod dock. Fully stocked fridge for breakfast with a good selection, including complimentary soft drinks and wine. Lovely room to relax after a long day of sight seeing.

Room Tip: Wi-fi did not work in our room, but was fine on the landing.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We stayed at Thorlee for 3 nights and couldn't fault it. Our room was large, bright very clean and overlooked the harbour. All rooms have been completely (and tastefully) refurbished and since they provide a more than adequate continental breakfast (in a fridge in the room) you can eat it when it suits you rather than being tied to set times. The place is lovely and clean and right in the heart of town with a large free car park opposite. There was even a bottle of wine (with enough for two generous glasses) in the room, fresh fruit in a bowl and chocolates on the pillow. The building is obviously a work in progress as the outside needs sorting/decorating next, but we really could not fault the place in any way. As a 'ps' my wife left a necklace in our room and since we live down in Llangollen, North Wales (a very long way from Stornoway) they had very thoughtfully posted it back to us before we even knew it was missing - top that for great customer service.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike C
Reviewed 19 April 2013

The Thorlee Guest House is the best value of any place I've stayed in my life. It's only a few paces from the car park and is right by the harbour in the main part of the town. In addition to this it's next door but one to the best Indian restaurant in the Western Isles.

The rooms are clean, well equipped, and a pleasure to be in. They're modern, well decorated, spacious, and warm. Mine also had a great view out over the harbour. As a bonus the lady who showed me to my room was very attractive - which is nice.

You would be hard pressed to get value for money like this anywhere in Britain, so all I can say is only an idiot or a rich man would stay anywhere else in Stornoway. Even the fridge is stacked with goodies, including complimentary wine! Top class.

Room Tip: The rooms are lovely. I stayed in room ten, which is a spacious double overlooking the harbour.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My partner and I stayed in thorlee on the 29th jan 2013. I wasn't sure what to expect from various reviews i had read but i was very pleased with what i found. The place is spotless i have never stayed in a guest house so clean, nicely decorated and rooms have a real homely feel. Its location is perfect right at the start of the main street so did not have far to go to get an afternoon coffee (tearoom right next door) or an evening meal (we went to the crown hotel food was fantastic) i can not recommend Thorlee highly enough and will most definatly be staying there again. you can tell a real effort is being made by owners to make Thorlee the best it can be. Fridge in room full to the brim with a continental breakfast. As you can tell i was a very happy customer.

Room Tip: all rooms secorated to a high standard. so so clean
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marissa M
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I booked 2 rooms (one for myself and the other for a friend) for a family visit. I booked through bookings.com and the add stated that it has parking. When I arrived I found the parking was actually the public car park across the road which isnt secure and very difficult to find a space in the middle of the day, although it is free. You may want to concider this if you drive an expensive vehicle. As on other review's, the rooms are far better than the exterior would suggest and perfectly comfortable and very clean. You will need to make other arrangements for breakfast as theres no breakfast facilities on site but I knew that before booking.
In summary, reasonable value for money, if a little impersonal, as we never seen anyone as reception is managed by CCTV. Very clean and comfortable. I would stay again if I was on foot, but not if I was traveling by car due to parking issues.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends