“low cost excellence”
Review of Argyll Arms Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bunessan
Argyll Arms Hotel
Ranked #6 of 7 Bunessan B&B and Inns
Bangor, United Kingdom
“low cost excellence”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

this is a really interesting and high value choice.
its about an hour from the ferry but very handy for Iona.
it is very cosy comfortable and although the decor is plain it is very practical.
our bedroom was an unusual shape but comfortable and the on-suite had a very effective shower.
the food was very good, well cooked simple food locally sourced with hot plates and very good and quick service.
in summary its an ideal place for staying when touring Mull or visiting Iona and provides excellent value - i would recommend it to any of my friends and i am glad we found it.
the staff could not have been more friendly and efficient.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ROGER M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Isle of Mull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

After spending a few hours touring the south end of Mull, we went to eat at this hotel only to find a large board inside the front door telling us that no meals would be served that evening, we later found out that they only take bookings and when they have 10/12 people booked they dont take anymore, I had looked at their website the evening before and this wasnt mentioned, not a good advert for Mull. As we didnt get to eat here I cant rate it.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Maggie M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stopped at this hotel/pub for a quick bite on the road to Iona. I wasn't expecting any particular quality service or food, as the place is not an actual restaurant. However, I must say that my idea was completely wrong. At The Argyll Arms, I had the best burger I've ever had the pleasure to taste; it was cooked exactly as I wanted/asked and the Scottish meat had a very distinctive and delicious taste. I found that the service was also very attentive. Now I can't say anything else about the rest of the menu, as I didn't try anything else, but for the burger and the service...I can personally vouch for that!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
St Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed here for three nights. Stunning location. Rooms are very comfortable, if a bit dated, but the service was absolutely First class. The host, Chris and his staff, made our break most memorable, they could not have been more helpful. All the meals were good and plentiful, and the dining room has a view to die for. I would recommend highly the Argyll Arms to anyone . PS. It's excellent value for money too..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Arrived at the Argyll Arms at 5.15 and the sign on the door said dinner served from 5.30. With two small hungry children this seemed like the best bet as there's nothing else around for some distance on Mull. When we went in we were told dinner was actually from 6.00pm, so there was nothing for it but to wait and try to entertain a 5 year old and 18 month old for three quarters of an hour. The waitress was very friendly but the food when it arrived was average at best, my husband and I both went for the steak pie which seemed to have overdone the salt. The accompanying veg wasn't all that hot either. The best meal it of the bunch seemed to be my daughters homemade chicken nuggets which looked very nice. Didn't bother going back for a return visit

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank L0uise107
peterhead
Reviewed 9 August 2013

we , my self, my husband and my adult son, went to mull and had an evening meal there one time, then that one time lead to evening meals every night for two weeks. all the meals were so good, I wanted to take the cheff home with us.chris the owner is so kind, and so are the staff they did everything to make our visit memorable.while we were there, we saw a person had eaten all the dinner she had ordered,chicken with haggis, which is to die for. we had it three times it was so good. then she had the cheek to complain about it. it appears some people will do anything to try to get a bit off the bill, there was nothing wrong with the meal I even had it. just super.the experience we had from that hotel, the argyle hotel bunessan isle of mull , had such an impression on us, that we go two to three times a year to mull, and we always eat at the argyle arms bunessan, and camp at uisken, a wonderful beauty spot nearby.
the views from the hotel are spectacular, and we have to remind ourselves that we are on an island, and everything we eat has to come over by ferry. thanks chris and your staff, for being there , and being so kind, not just to us, but to everyone you come into contact with.. we will most certainly be back! angie

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Pepper Pike, Ohio
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Just returned from a two-night stay at the Argyll Arms, a quaint, small hotel in the tiny village of Bunessan. The rooms are basic but we were warm, well rested, and comfortable during our stay. The staff was very kind to us, attentive to our needs, and knowledgeable about the area. It's a great place to walk around and get a sense of the Scottish Highlands and catch the bus for a visit to Iona and Staffa.
The food was delicious.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bunessan
Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa
#2 of 3 in Pennyghael
Bellachroy Hotel
Bellachroy Hotel
#1 of 10 in Dervaig

Been to Argyll Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!