We stayed for two evenings through a groupon special offer. Having read some previous reviews we were slightly apprehensive about this hotel, but we had nothing to be concerned about. Yes, if you are expecting a posh 4 star spa resort, then you may be disappointed, however, if you like a basic, but spotlessly clean room, very friendly staff, and views to die for, then you will be very happy here.
We found the lounge area with huge picture windows and comfy seating a perfect place to sip a few drinks (reasonably priced) and watch the beautiful scenery that surrounds this hotel. Where else can you look out your window to find a stag and his doe grazing serenely in front of you?
Rooms are of a generous size, with a new flat panel television, and as I said previously spotlessly clean. As stated in other reviews walls are thin,however, this did not cause us any problem, as the hotel was quite quiet - this may be an issue in the height of the season. I did find the mattresses quite old and not exceptionally comfortable, but for the two nights I slept fine. Bathrooms could do with being updated,but are very clean, and we had ample hot water.
We did not eat in the hotel in the evening, preferring to walk into Craignure to the Inn, but the breakfasts were very good, with good quality produce - nice thick bacon, meaty pork sausages, haggis, black pudding, eggs and tomatoes, as well as cereals etc.
The swimming pool and spa facilities were very nice, and the lady at the spa reception was exceptionally friendly. The foot spa especially was fantastic, I could have sat on this cozy tiled seat, with my feet in the frothy water all day long.
Overall, we loved our stay here, and will certaibly be back at this hotel for some more rest and relaxtion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting on the crescent of Craignure Bay with gardens that stretch to the water's edge, spectacular views across to the mainland can be enjoyed from every room or close by there are views of castles, beaches and the abundant sea life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isle Of Mull Hotel Craignure
- Isle Of Mull Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Isle Mull
- Isle Mull Hotel
- Isle Of Mull Hotel & Spa Craignure