We booked to stay at the isle of mull hotel & spa for one night while my husband was on business. We selected this hotel specifically for its swimming pool as we had our daughter with us and she would be able to enjoy some pool time.
After checking in we decided we would go to the pool only to be advised after we were ready the pool was closing for a function and hotel guests would not be able to use the pool. This pool is a community pool and is not described as such when booking. It appears as their unique selling point but can be off limits to paying hotel guests to allow the community to use the facility. Guests should be made more aware of the times when the pool is for community use only. Had we been aware of this arrangement we would not have booked to stay here.
The quality of the food is rather disappointing too. We were convinced our daughter's dessert came from a tin. Breakfast was buffet style. A Scottish breakfast without potato scones! There is the option to order breakfast from the menu but our waitress did not draw our attention to this nor did she ask if we had a preference for white or brown toast. I asked for hot water and a tea bag but the tea bag arrived in the pot.
Our bedroom was acceptable, the bedding was clean, the chairs uncomfortable, one of the wall lights was sitting slightly angled from the wall and the TV was tiny. There is no wi-fi in the bedrooms, only in public areas. We struggled to lock our bedroom door when leaving the room.
The bathroom had seen better days, chipped paintwork, poor finish to bath sealant around overflow, poor quality towels, a shelf which was loose and at angle making it unusable. The level of cleanliness around the toilet, unusually coloured stains running down the outside of the WC to floor , a stained toilet bowl left us questioning house keepings skills to deliver a clean facility. Photographs of the offending stains were shown to management and we did receive a discount on our room charge.
The overall appearance of this hotel is tired and in need of a definite overhaul. It is clearly relying on its great views to distract your attention away from it's dated interiors. There is a definite lack of attention to detail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting on the crescent of Craignure Bay with gardens that stretch to the water's edge, spectacular views across to the mainland can be enjoyed from every room or close by there are views of castles, beaches and the abundant sea life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotelopia, LateRooms, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isle Of Mull Hotel Craignure
- Isle Of Mull Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Isle Mull
- Isle Mull Hotel
- Isle Of Mull Hotel & Spa Craignure