Stayed here for 3 nights on a trip round the islands. Chose this place for the fact it had a spa and thought it would be nice to have a back up if any bad weather etc and also to relax after a days sightseeing.
When we arrived there was a couple of people waiting to be checked in which caused the receptionist to flap and panic meaning check in wasnt as friendly as it should have been due to her having no help. When she explained where the room was i asked to be moved closer as she explained it was down a load of stairs and corridors, after more flapping she finally gave us another key to a room just off reception downstairs. Not Ideal as there are no lifts in the hotel so quite awkward with a lot of luggage.
Room was adequate, clean and tidy. Bed was 2 singles zip linked, which was fine as makes a nice big bed. View was out to the bay which was nice.
Our package included the 6 course taster menu each evening. Food was very good, well cooked and staff were all very friendly.
Breakfast was again well cooked and seemed to be of good quality.
Negatives: sound proofing of room extremely bad, so bad that we asked to be moved upstairs after being woken at 5:15am to what sounded like a sponsored walk in the room above !
Toiletries and biscuits aren't re stocked each day which i thought would be standard.
Pool area is hardly a "Spa" as there is no where to sit and relax after a swim, the changing rooms are mixed with the only showers being open ones directly in the pool area and the pool is an island used one and shut at certain times to allow swimming lessons etc.
Wi fi signal only in public areas and is very slow
all in all for its faults we did have a good stay and found the location good for exploring. Staff were friendly but when there given a bad business model can only do so much.
The hotel could do with an upgrade.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting on the crescent of Craignure Bay with gardens that stretch to the water's edge, spectacular views across to the mainland can be enjoyed from every room or close by there are views of castles, beaches and the abundant sea life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotelopia and Priceline so you can book your Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isle Of Mull Hotel And Spa
- Isle Of Mull Hotel Craignure
- Hotel Isle Mull
- Isle Mull Hotel
- Isle Of Mull Hotel & Spa Craignure