We arrived off the ferry at 2.45pm, when arriving at Reception we were first at the desk but were told check in was 3pm so to have a seat until then. 5 minutes later we were told our room was ready and that we should now stand in the queue of 5 couples! Surely we should have been seen first.
Due to mum being on crutches, we were given a room very close to reception and the restaurant area which was brilliant. Beautiful views and room had everything you needed.
We tried the outdoor hot tub and pool. The foot baths could do with a clean as they were smelling of smelly feet, the hot tub seems to be falling apart and could do with an upgrade. We asked about beauty treatments with the spa receptionist however he couldn't find a price list for us or tell us availability.
Afternoon tea was average but was free with our package.
Breakfast is buffet style and often had empty trays or cold food. Staff did not let on that you could order from the menu or come near after dropping off the tea/coffee and toast.
Seems to be a lot of staff shortages. Not enough at breakfast to have tables cleared and reset. A queue of 6 people deep at the bar with only one working the bar as well as having to man reception. What paying £9.50 for 2 gin and tonics you don't expect a 5 minute queue for it!
Disappointing that there is no lift to access the outside facilities unless you go around to the pool and back.
Overall an average stay with good room and helpful with mum on crutches. Don't think I would be back though which is a shame as the view is fabulous!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting on the crescent of Craignure Bay with gardens that stretch to the water's edge, spectacular views across to the mainland can be enjoyed from every room or close by there are views of castles, beaches and the abundant sea life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isle Of Mull Hotel And Spa
- Isle Of Mull Hotel Craignure
- Hotel Isle Mull
- Isle Mull Hotel
- Isle Of Mull Hotel & Spa Craignure