“We are indeed fortunate”
Review of Am Birlinn

Am Birlinn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Dervaig
Price range: US$5 - US$53
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We are indeed fortunate to have this restaurant at the top of our road. Advised to put back our dining time from 7.30 to 7.45 as there was a large table of 13 ahead of us. My late mother in law would have insisted that the table be divided into tables of 6 and 7 on superstitious grounds.!
Mussels, sirloin steak and venison fillet were all sourced from within a few miles.
The local chef and her team continue to maintain the highest standards and our dinner was both delicious and enjoyable

ECarmichael, Manager at Am Birlinn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Good morning,
I would like to take the time to thank you on behalf of the team at Am Birlinn.
We are so pleased that locals, like yourselves, choose to dine with us. We highly appreciate the local support.
Thank you for your kind review, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Many thanks,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very fresh seafood and fish.
£20 lobster is more than a fair rate, the whole meal was good but given the raving reviews I was expecting a bit more.
Service was very very slow (as in many places in Scotland actually) but very kind and kids orders were a bit mixed up.

1  Thank Astartee
ECarmichael, Manager at Am Birlinn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing Am Birlinn.
I would like to apologise on behalf of myself and the team.
We appreciate that our prices may not suit all tastes, but we do price them competively.
Our lobster, crab, langoustines and oysters all come from less than a mile from the restaurant, for which we do pay a considerable amount more to receive such exceptional shellfish.
We do strive for excellent service, and I do apologise that you didn't receive this.
Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

we enjoyed a lovely meal. very helpful staff and able to accommodate dietary needs
lovely setting and decoration

Many thanks from all at Am Birlinn.
We want to accommodate all of our customers' dietary requirements. The staff are always happy to go extra mile to ensure all of our guests receive the high quality dining experience we aim to deliver.
I do hope you visit us again in the future.
Restaurant manager

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I've recently moved to the area and am a (fussy) vegetarian.

On May 8, my 30th birthday, my family showed up for a surprise visit. So 6 of us were looking for a last-minute dinner plan. We callled Am Berlinn and were picked up by Ian at 20.15 (which is a GREAT service to provide!).

Long story short, the food was A-MA-ZING. My family had never eaten 'proper seafood' before and my fiance and I were extremely pleased with our vegetarian meals. And to get a wee 'happy birthday desert' with a candle was just super.

Thank you all for a great birthday meal, it really meant a lot to me. See you around! :)

ECarmichael, Manager at Am Birlinn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you from all of us at Am Birlinn for your kind review.
We really appreciate your comments. At Am Birlinn we pride ourselves on producing quality food, and the team always endeavor to provide service with a personal touch. We are very happy to hear you appreciated your Birthday dessert.
We do hope you will visit us again in the future.
Many thanks,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The food was delicious. It was a great dining experience. Everything served was clearly local (indeed the menu even described where everything was from which was an interesting read) - an excellent model for restaurants to look to.

Good afternoon,
From all of us at Am Birlinn, thank you for your review. We want our guests to appreciate how spectacular the produce from Mull can be, and have built our menu around the amazing product available.
Furthermore, we want nothing but to please our customers, and we appreciate the time you have taken to review us.
Many thanks, and best wishes,