“WARM and FRIENDLY WELCOME”
Review of The Keel Row

The Keel Row
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Fionnphort
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: http://www.yell.com/b/The+Keel+Row+Restaurant-Restaurants+_+Pub+Food-Isle+Of+Mull-PA666BL-2000868/index.html
West Linton, United Kingdom
“WARM and FRIENDLY WELCOME”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My partner and I were staying next door and the owner recommended the restaurant.

Typical Scottish restaurant at the heart of the local community were all the locals were glad to share their knowledge and make you feel welcome. Service was good and food nice - a bit disappointed that one of the options was not available as they were closing shortly for food until next year.

For a genuine meal served by genuine people this was good

Cleveland, Tennessee
“0 people skills, no idea about the food didn't get that far.”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Ok, so it was Tuesday 29th of October 2013 , early doors five ish in the evening we had been on Iona mixed weather and not exactly high season although there were plenty of folk around we were in a small vw staying at Fidden campsite (best in the world as voted by my kids) Bit cold and damp.
We walked in to find all tables reserved, with sinking heart i asked the English guy behind the counter weather he could do us a bit of food, we would eat on our knees if necessary or eat quick as most tables were as yet unfilled due to the early hour. "No" was the reply "were fully booked , you should have booked" upon inquiring as to weather there was any other place we could eat in the area we got a cold smile and "we are the only place open this end of the island" we got the distinct feeling the guy was enjoying turning away a family with two young kids into a cold wet night with no chance of finding a meal without driving for a couple of hours.
Fare play he has a captive audience so does not need our trade but he truly enjoyed being unpleasant about it. How this guy coped in high season with a constant stream of "non bookers" walking in has obviously conditioned him into rude and unpleasant individual we had the misfortune to encounter. The "hospitality trade" is not for him.
We bought food at the shop, cooked in our van, and had a fantastic night. Us 1- Keel Row 0.
The Ross of Mull is one of the greatest places on earth in my opinion and I have been visiting it for over forty years long before this guy and ill be here long after hes forgotten Its a shame mean folk get away with stuff like this but we are wealthier and happier for understanding this.
PS we think we encountered the same guy some ten years earlier at the Keel Row and our recollection was that he was unpleasant on that occasion also.I don't know if it was the same guy but I'm pretty sure it was. Also noted a bit too much signage about keeping the kids under control and away from certain areas.

• Visited October 2013
8 Thank Stanredski
Auckland, New Zealand
“Great meals”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I ate at the Keel Row 3 times during my stay in Fionnphort, and thoroughly enjoyed them all. They had 2 vegetarian options (1 or 2 more than other places I've been!), which included a vegan option, and were both delicious. They remembered my name, and were friendly and helpful.

Oban, United Kingdom
“great wee pub for a fine plate of soup, craic with the locals and a fine pint before the ferry”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Just as the title says - the Keel row produces a fine plate of soup indeed - one of the best tasted this summer. Lovely pint in the bar and plenty time to catch the ferry to the wee bit of paradise that is Iona.

Inveraray, United Kingdom
“A place I like”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Although the only place to eat in town, I didn't lose out because of that.

I had a tasty vegan meal sat next to a nice warm fire.

I've been here before and will visit again when I'm next in town.