“A room with a view”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Raraig House SC

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

West Yorkshire
“A room with a view”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

Spent a week at this self catering accommodation and could not fault the facilities, location or the welcome. Both Paul and Jeanette were helpful and considerate to our privacy with just the right amount of balance. The facilities had everything we could have needed or required (in fact we nearly decided to stay permanently!), the views from every window are stunning, especially, sat in bed with a cup of tea enjoying the sunrise. The location is situated out of Tobermory which for some could be an issue as the route from the harbour is all up hill, we did not find this a problem as we enjoyed the peace and quiet but most of all the seclusion. Tobermory has the right balance of a working town with good facilities, bakery (fantastic), cafés, restaurants (award winning), a mobile fish and chips shop, a distillery and an all important Co-op.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
R H
Derry, United Kingdom
“Little Gem”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

We booked into a holiday rental as we did not really want to experience the ordinary B&B routines which can be quite restrictive in terms of times and breakfast choices etc
I have to say I just loved the whole experience of being in Raraig holiday rental. For example, the pleasure of being able to come and go as you pleased and not having any time restrictions placed on you by owners.
The accommodation itself had its own back entrance (which meant you had a lot of privacy). The premises consisted of a living room, bed room, shower room and a little alcove for a fridge and kettle.
The accommodation itself was very clean and well presented. The fridge was stocked with more than adequate supplies of breakfast cereals, bread, milk etc, which were replenished every day (I have tried this trick at home with my own fridge but it doesn't appear to be working!)
The owners of the accommodation had a nice balance of friendliness and concern, but were not intrusive (I liked this as I don't always want to be making small talk with everyone when on holiday - yes, I know I am anti-social, but hey-ho!).
I really enjoyed the fact that I could curl up in bed with a book, while my other half could sit in the other room and watch TV (again this would not be possible in a conventional B&B).
My only concern with this accommodation was the fact that there was a 'walk-in' shower room which became very slippery due to the excess of water flowing - this could be a danger for older people.
However, overall I really enjoyed my stay in this accommodation and I would definitely recommend it to others who just want to do something a bit different and a slower pace.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Freedom that the accommodation offered
Liked least: Location of property was some distance from Tobermory
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
7 Nov 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback it was a pleasure to have you stay with us in our home...
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$101
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing