“Wish we could have stayed longer”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ardvasar
Morar Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 8 Ardvasar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2014

A great location on the Sleat peninsula in Skye with amazing views over the sea from the terrace, where we sat out in the evening and were lucky enough to see dolphins playing. Chris and Maggie made us feel at home and gave us great tips about places to visit. So much to see on the island. Boat trips, long hikes, hillsides, loch sides and beaches to watch the changing light. And back to Morar in the evening to a welcoming atmosphere and a warm comfortable room. We were blessed with sunshine, but this would be a great place to stay any time of year. Views, indoor pool, close to a great pub, and Maggie and Chris always there with ideas, conversation...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Thanks to Chris and Maggie for making our holiday in Skye. Our first ever stay in a B & B but what a fantastic house. Great breakfasts,stunning views and a lovely indoor swimming pool too. Lovely people and the welcome we received was brilliant. Comfy comfy beds, plenty big fluffy towels and a towelling robe too. Tea and filter coffee /biscuits in the room. The fresh fish at breakfast was lovely and the free range hens eggs were so tasty. Home made bread and rolls too. Breakfast served on the terrace weather permitting and we had some lovely weather. We loved the walk down to the sea, especially being accompanied by the 2 crazy dogs. You won't get a better B & B anywhere. Book early to avoid disappointment. Thanks again for your great hospitality. We'll be back!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

While working in Skye someone arranged for a night's accommodation at Morar so I didn't know very much about it before I arrived.

Contrary to what google maps says, 2, Calgary is actually down the hill to the left as opposed to up it.

I arrived late and a note in the door guided me to my room which was a comfortable, well equipped en-suite single. I had a sound sleep and enjoyed my breakfast in the company of Maggie while overlooking the sound of Sleat over to the hills of Knoydart. What a fantastic location!

My stay was a short one but it was pleasant and it was only when I arrived at work the nest day that I discovered I'd missed out on using their pool!

I hope to be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2014

A 20 minute from the ferry landing but well worth it.
I was warmly welcomed and found my room well furnished with everything I could need for a one-night stay.
An early full Scottish breakfast before I caught the first ferry back to Mallaig ensured I wouldn't need to eat again until my train arrived at Glasgow.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Morar,the two dogs are so well behaved and comical and no problem at all as they do not enter the house(strange as another reviewer complained)
The double bed was very comfortable and spacious airey room with all you could need or want.
Breakfasts were sooo nice!!! Chris and Maggie were great company and offered to put my wine in fridge(good thinking)and i went for lovely swim and sat on terrace to enjoy the view across to Malaig,fantastic! Sunny hot weather and so many places to go for walks.
Ferry across to Malaig and lunch at the West Highland hotel very nice indeed.
LOOKING forward to our next visit.
Ps Thanks for the help and taxi to our train

Room Tip: Our room had a good view of the side garden and peaceful
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

When my booking was made three months' prior to our planned arrival date and there was an email trail confirming everything, I expected our reservation with Morar to be rock-solid. Not so; after a four-hour, 200-mile drive, we were turned away because the owners had made an 'administrative error' and our room was already occupied. To be fair, the owners apologised, and we all make mistakes - me included. However, the owners didn't make any error in accepting £60 as a deposit for our two night stay, which was paid to them last February. Did they think this was a post-Christmas monetary gift from a well-intentioned stranger?

Through our own efforts and with the assistance of a local hotel which, although full, went out of its way to help two homeless tourists, we found alternative B&B accommodation, ironically just two doors away from Morar. The owners at our new destination were warm and welcoming and couldn't have been more helpful. What they offered was high-quality value for money, and their establishment comes with my recommendation.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank 1Reviewer1
peterpan999, Owner at Morar Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Although we are very sorry for the error, and Chris expressed that at the time, we both feel that a public eplanation is necessary. Usually, when booking with Morar Bed & Breakfast, our guests give us details of a current credit or debit card. The booking can then be immediately confirmed. In 10 years of trading, no card details have ever been compromised. They are kept safe until after the date of the booking and then destroyed - not shredded but burned. We are very careful about our security. We have twice allowed potential guests to book without leaving card details and both times they have not arrived and so we are not prepared to take bookings without any security again.
You were not happy about divulging information such as this, so volunteered to pay a deposit by BACS. This had never happened before and so we did not have any system in place to deal with it. The result was that the booking was not recorded, as we do not check our bank account every day, especially during periods where there is usually no activity. At the time, we were busy decorating and preparing the house for the coming season. Your deposit was returned to you in cash when the error was discovered.
We are glad you were happy with your stay at our neighbours' establishment. If we had been aware she was taking guests, we might have pointed you in that direction, but as she had not arrived on Skye until April, we have not seen her. Chris spent over an hour on the 'phone attempting to find alternative accommodation for you and it was only when he rang you to tell you he had been unsuccessful so far that he recieved that information.
We have always been apprehensive about taking deposits for bookings as errors can so easily be made and this accasion confirms that. We will not be taking bookings by BACS again.
Maggie & Chris

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We enjoyed a warm welcome from Maggie and Chris, who made us feel very much at home during our 5-night stay. They were very helpful with tips about our stay and giving us lifts to various places, and we enjoyed our regular morning chats with them while they provided us with wonderful breakfasts!
Two big factors for us when booking were the convenience for the ferry and the swimming pool, but other plus points of our stay included the very comfortable room and sitting in the garden with its fabulous views.
Overall a very friendly and relaxing B+B, which we are happy to recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ardvasar
Hotel Eilean Iarmain
Duisdale House Hotel
GlenanCross House
GlenanCross House
#1 of 10 in Morar

Been to Morar Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!