“Scottish Hospitality”

Seaview Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broadford
Seaview Guest House
Ranked #16 of 26 Broadford B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Scottish Hospitality”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I was on a 3 days trip of the Highland in Scotland, with special request of sampling the Isle of Skype and a typical B & B that I could have one of the famous Scottish hearty breakfast. After a long day of touring the Isle of Skye, I was dropped off at Seaview Guesthouse, facing the Broadford Bay in the village of Broadford. I was greeted by Bill who showed me to my en-suite double room. The room was clean and cheerful with facility for making tea or coffee which was provided. Dick gave me a sheet for breakfast selections and duly advised me that I should allow an hour for breakfast. The guesthouse is centrally located with a supermarket across the street and restaurants nearby.

Next morning, I went for a 45 minutes walk checking out the village, enjoying the fresh air and working up my appetite. For breakfast, I started with orange juice and yogurt. Bill brought me a hot plate of egg, grilled tomato, mushroom, tattie scone, black pudding and toasts as well as jug of piping hot coffee. Every morsel was hot and tasty. When Billed returned to top up the coffee, he brought me more home-made bread. The breakfast did take an hour and was the best I had. Do not let the term 'black pudding' scare you, try it, otherwise you may miss the best part of a Scottish breakfast.
Viva Scottish Breakfast!!

Room Tip: Room facing the Bay
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I didn't pick Seaview myself, it was part of an itinerary, and I probably wouldn't have because "across from a grocery store and gas station" wouldn't have grabbed my attention. But wow am I grateful someone picked it for me.

First, Penny and Bill are absolute peaches. They made me feel so welcome in their home, and helped me sort out several lingering details on my trip. I was cycling around Skye, and they even tended to the taxi drivers charged with transferring my luggage to help make sure everything went smoothly. They are experienced innkeepers and travelers themselves (ask about the picture of the herd of elephants on the Serengeti) so they knew how to be helpful without my even asking, and further, they are also genuinely caring people. As an aside, they are also the kind of couple that makes you want to run out and fall in love with someone -- they're completely adorable.

Second, having the grocery store across the street turned out to be hugely convenient. AND, the grocery store itself is possibly the most scenic grocery store I've ever shopped in. Without exaggeration: people were having picnics on the edge of the parking lot. Seaview, and the grocery store, do in fact have a sea view. Bill told me that the deed for the land the grocery store is built on requires that the parking lot never be developed, so it sounds like Seaview's sea view is well-protected for the future.

Third, the inn itself is clean and tidy; breakfast was excellent (do try the black pudding). My room, Scalpay, had a full-sized hair dryer, which was a lovely treat.

I can't recommend Seaview enough -- just a wonderful, wonderful home away from home.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank SingleOccupancyRoom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed three nights with Bill & Penny this summer and absolutely enjoyed ourselves. they were extremely welcoming and helped us with planning our day. Breakfast is the best in the area by far! Location is great and the supermarket accross the street is very helpful for packing lunches and snacks for the day. My wife and I stayed on the top floor in the twin bed room and we both found it to be very comfortable. We miss Bill & Penny and are thankful to have met them. Next time we come to Skye, we are making sure to stay with them again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This was our first visit to Skye and we were made to feel very welcome by Bill and Penny. We stayed in a double en-suite room which was very comfortable and well prepared for our arrival. Check in was straight forward and our hosts knowledge of the area was impressive and very useful when planning our trips around the island. Breakfast was excellent with a good choice for all tastes. We will certainly try and stay here again when we return to Skye in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We rented 3 rooms for 2 nights. we found Seaview to be a good value, clean, and with excellent service! Bill & Penny were very friendly and offered tips on things to do in the area. They assisted with making dining reservations both nights for our group of 6. I was touched by their kindness, as Penny found out the airline had lost my luggage, and washed a few garments for me. We felt relaxed, and right at home.

Room Tip: They have en-suite rooms, and even in their rooms that are not en-suite, they have a small sink.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The Glasgow Tourist Bureau booked this for us. From the moment we arrived we were treated as special guests everything that Bill and Penny could do for us was done cheerfully and with panache. Our trip to Skye was made more memorable because of their hospitality!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2012

The owners Penny and Bill are just wonderful. They are extremely friendly and helpful! Room was clean and comfortable and breakfast was amazing! I would definitely come back here: it felt like staying with friends or family!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadford
Dunollie Hotel
Broadford House Skye
Broadford House Skye
#25 of 26 in Broadford
Duisdale House Hotel

Been to Seaview Guest House? Share your experiences!