“That homey feeling”

Seaview Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broadford
Seaview Guest House
Ranked #16 of 26 Broadford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

First of all,there is absolutely nothing to complain about this B&B. You've got clean and comfortable rooms, great breakfast,awesome amenities and the two most loving hosts ever.
Bill and Penny are simply impossible not to fall in love with,and they will care for you as if you were their own.
We stayed for two perfect nights and after we checked out we had some trouble with another B&B,so we called them and they kindly took us in. I could never say how much joy I feel for having found them and stayed in their lovely and perfectly suitable B&B.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Bill and Penny were absolutely amazing. It was so great getting to know them during our stay. Penny recommended two amazing restaurants during our stay. The rooms and service were too notch! Hopefully we will have a chance to visit again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We arrived at Broadford duriing our trip at the Scottish highlands. Already during our search for a b&b my wife literally fell in love with Bill & Penny, the owners, while chatting to them on the phone.
When we arrived, Bill welcomed us with warmth and a sense of humour that lasted during the whole stay. Then we got to know Penny, and found out that she's one of the cutest and funniest people we've ever met.
Bill and Penny made us feel at home and definitely upgraded our trip and our time in the Isle of Skye.
The location is very comfortable, with a launderette, a gas station, a supermarket and a few shops with Celtic jewelry just in front of the guesthouse. Although Broadford is not a main Isle of Skye tourist attraction, it is still a very peaceful place to stay at, with nice walks available all around and a glorious sea-view everywhere you look.
The room was clean, well-designed, with tea and coffee facilities. Although we didn't have an en-suite room, the bathroom felt as close as possible to a private one. The food at breakfast was delicious; besides the regular fare, Bill and Penny were very accommodating towards our special dietary needs. They were happy to assist in everything, keen on giving advice regarding Skye's attractions, and flexible in accordance with our needs and requests. A truly lovely couple whose B & B made our vacation extra-special.

Honestly, the owners of this guesthouse might be considered an attraction standing for itself!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Edik_Kaptzan
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I was on a 3 days trip of the Highland in Scotland, with special request of sampling the Isle of Skype and a typical B & B that I could have one of the famous Scottish hearty breakfast. After a long day of touring the Isle of Skye, I was dropped off at Seaview Guesthouse, facing the Broadford Bay in the village of Broadford. I was greeted by Bill who showed me to my en-suite double room. The room was clean and cheerful with facility for making tea or coffee which was provided. Dick gave me a sheet for breakfast selections and duly advised me that I should allow an hour for breakfast. The guesthouse is centrally located with a supermarket across the street and restaurants nearby.

Next morning, I went for a 45 minutes walk checking out the village, enjoying the fresh air and working up my appetite. For breakfast, I started with orange juice and yogurt. Bill brought me a hot plate of egg, grilled tomato, mushroom, tattie scone, black pudding and toasts as well as jug of piping hot coffee. Every morsel was hot and tasty. When Billed returned to top up the coffee, he brought me more home-made bread. The breakfast did take an hour and was the best I had. Do not let the term 'black pudding' scare you, try it, otherwise you may miss the best part of a Scottish breakfast.
Viva Scottish Breakfast!!

Room Tip: Room facing the Bay
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I didn't pick Seaview myself, it was part of an itinerary, and I probably wouldn't have because "across from a grocery store and gas station" wouldn't have grabbed my attention. But wow am I grateful someone picked it for me.

First, Penny and Bill are absolute peaches. They made me feel so welcome in their home, and helped me sort out several lingering details on my trip. I was cycling around Skye, and they even tended to the taxi drivers charged with transferring my luggage to help make sure everything went smoothly. They are experienced innkeepers and travelers themselves (ask about the picture of the herd of elephants on the Serengeti) so they knew how to be helpful without my even asking, and further, they are also genuinely caring people. As an aside, they are also the kind of couple that makes you want to run out and fall in love with someone -- they're completely adorable.

Second, having the grocery store across the street turned out to be hugely convenient. AND, the grocery store itself is possibly the most scenic grocery store I've ever shopped in. Without exaggeration: people were having picnics on the edge of the parking lot. Seaview, and the grocery store, do in fact have a sea view. Bill told me that the deed for the land the grocery store is built on requires that the parking lot never be developed, so it sounds like Seaview's sea view is well-protected for the future.

Third, the inn itself is clean and tidy; breakfast was excellent (do try the black pudding). My room, Scalpay, had a full-sized hair dryer, which was a lovely treat.

I can't recommend Seaview enough -- just a wonderful, wonderful home away from home.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank SingleOccupancyRoom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed three nights with Bill & Penny this summer and absolutely enjoyed ourselves. they were extremely welcoming and helped us with planning our day. Breakfast is the best in the area by far! Location is great and the supermarket accross the street is very helpful for packing lunches and snacks for the day. My wife and I stayed on the top floor in the twin bed room and we both found it to be very comfortable. We miss Bill & Penny and are thankful to have met them. Next time we come to Skye, we are making sure to stay with them again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This was our first visit to Skye and we were made to feel very welcome by Bill and Penny. We stayed in a double en-suite room which was very comfortable and well prepared for our arrival. Check in was straight forward and our hosts knowledge of the area was impressive and very useful when planning our trips around the island. Breakfast was excellent with a good choice for all tastes. We will certainly try and stay here again when we return to Skye in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple