“Relaxing”
Review of Hebridean Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broadford
Hebridean Hotel
Ranked #10 of 26 Broadford B&B and Inns
Norwich
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stopped for a meal here on our last night on Skye, wish we had tried it earlier in our stay. The staff and owner were very attentive and friendly, excellent service, the food was delicious, very reasonable priced, good choice on menu, views across the bay , enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere . This is a new venture for the owners , being there first season, if they keep this standard up, it will be a very popular hotel. Wish them every success. Lovely people.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 186342Jan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
County Mayo, Ireland
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Passing through the area it was recommended that we should stop for dinner here. The staff were very welcoming and pleasant,The food, drinks and service was excellent and very reasonably priced. The location is just a few miles after crossing the Skye bridge and with plenty of parking space it was an enjoyable meal stop on the way to exploring the rest of the Island.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mj H
Reviewed 21 June 2013

My family went for a meal here tonight (21/06/2013). There was 4 adults and 2 children (2 and 5) - we arrived at around 1930, the place had a few customers but wouldn't be what I call busy. When we arrived we stood for a few minutes to see if someone would seat us however no one came so we found a table and one of us headed to the bar to check if someone came to us. He was informed by the lady at the bar that it looks like we found a table ourself! After being seated for at least 10 mins someone finally brought menus to the table however didn't take our drink order. There is nothing on the menus about children meals so I asked the lady when she was at the table beside us to be informed they can do half portions which is fair enough. Eventually the lady came back to take our orders however we must have waited at least 30 mins for 2 teas, hot chocolate, cider and 2 kids orange squash as she stated she had forgot about us!!!. The starters arrived at about 20.20 (3 starters) and the main course at about 20.45 (now bear in mind we arrived at round 1930!!!). The kids had macaroni and cheese (adult but shared between 2) however it didn't come with chips or salad as stated on menus. The kids were of course little restless especially with length of time to be served however because one of my daughters had shouted 'lady I ate all my dinner' the lady was extremely rude toward my daughter who is only 5 by stating she doesn't respond to people shouting at her...she also asked my daughter to say please can I
have ice cream! There was no dessert menus offered however as we promised both our daughters ice cream the lady said she had just enough for 2 little girls (made no reference to price). When Ice cream arrived it was one scoop per child. Once received bill which came to around £75 they had charged £7 for the ice cream!! I asked the bartender if that was correct and she referred me to a extremely rude man whom I assume was some kind of manager with no customer service skills who stated it is £3.50 per dessert to which I said I am asking if he thinks £7 is reasonable for 2 scoops (one for each child)of ice
cream for 2 children - he responded by saying yes and walked away. To sum up extremely slow service, forget about their customers and have no customer service skills - simply they couldn't give a toss. I recommend anyone gives this place a miss.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank DWKReviewer
Vanessa M, Owner at Hebridean Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Thankyou for your feedback. All feedback is helpful to help us understand and improve customer service which is very important to us.

The evening of your visit was a busy evening and your family chose a seat in the bar area. We would agree that the service of your drinks was slower than we would have hoped. I am sorry that you felt unable to raise concerns over the food service at the time as this could and would have been addressed promptly, although I am pleased to note there was not a concern over food quality. Unfortunately raising concerns after leaving the restaurant does not give us the opportunity to resolve issues for the customer at the time.

As a hotel we want to provide a great experience to all our customers and welcome families with well behaved children

Many thanks
london
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Right on the main road in broadway. The facilities were clean. Very friendly and helpful hosts. Served by a very good restaurant and bar with reasonably priced drinks. The room i stayed in was not the most modern but was comfortable to stay. Good value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Castlebay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2013

My husband and I had a meal here during a short break to the Isle of Skye. Our meal was delicious (braised lamb shanks cooked in a red wine), with decent sized portions. A good selection of food on offer including their home produced smoked salmon. Manager was very attentive and friendly with prices of drinks reasonable, not like other places I've been to! Good atmosphere and will defiantly be back, next time will try the salmon!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Two of us stayed here in adjacent single rooms for one night as we toured Scotland. It is unassuming from the outside but well furbished inside to modern levels. Reception and service was friendly and rooms were basic but perfectly clean with TV, drinks/kettle and washbasin. The single rooms (R1-3) share a large well-appointed bathroom which wasn't an issue as there are only 3 of you at the most. Bed was very comfortable but I did find both the traffic outside (until ~midnight) and the plumbing to be very noisy - the latter actually woke me early in the morning. This issue might be confined to room 3 next to the bathroom as my campanion in the next room reported no such problems.

Bar food was very good quality and good value and the informal, relaxed atmosphere of the bar meant we stayed there until bedtime. Proper Scottish breakfast is served with stunning views out over the bay, and the salmon is smoked by the hotel themselves.

At the budget price I paid for a single room, this hotel represents superb value for money.

Room Tip: As others have said, first floor rooms to the front suffer some traffic and plumbing/air con noise