“it was friendly had good service and very clean and tidy”
Review of Hebridean Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broadford
Hebridean Hotel
Ranked #11 of 26 Broadford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 October 2010

would stay here again in a heartbeat staff were friendly and food was fab i went at end of season with my dad and we decided to stay for 3 days instead of 2 due to service and the location have told family and fiends to stay here in future when going to skye.the food was lovely and service was fab.took me a while to get to sleep but the noise was kept fairly quiet and was getting used to the area noise anyway fab value for money

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank crissie1987

Reviewed 1 October 2010

I cant imagine how others describe this place as comfortable and relaxing, I just imagine the owners / friends must put their reviews on
The price was good and the room was clean and the breakfast was good but room was so lacking in simple creature comforts it was ridiculous, for the sake of a few pictures a couple of peices of bedroom furniture the room was less welcoming than a some barracks I have stayed in. The handbasin was cracked, a smell of damp everywjere, wallpaper coming off the ceiling and the stair carpet needed cleaning or replacing. There was however a brand new 3D TV in the bar perhaps this indicates the owners priorities. A place you wish to spend as little time as possible in. Maybe good enough for a 1 night sleepover but not for a holiday.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
highlandgerry, Owner at Hebridean Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2010

I'm sorry that mickaddingham didn't enjoy his stay, we don't claim to be a luxury hotel, there are plenty of top class hotels on Skye if that is what people are looking for, our rooms are basic but clean and comfortable - and are priced accordingly.

He says that he can't imagine how others can describe the place as comfortable and relaxing, but perhaps if he had spent some time in the lounge bar with the brand new 3D TV (which is there for the benefit of ALL our guests) then maybe he might have.

The Hebridean Hotel runs at 90% occupancy all year and more than 50% of our guests have stayed with us before - many of them come back year after year. The majority of our guests do not use Trip Advisor but I think that it is insulting to the ones that do, who have enjoyed their stay, to say that they must be friends of the owners.

He is right when he says that the paper is hanging off the ceiling in his room, unfortunately someone in the room above left a tap running, this will be rectified as soon as we have a 4 day spell with no bookings (with a busy small hotel this isn't easy but will certainly be carried out before next season - as will his cracked wash basin)

The stair carpet was a mistake, a white carpet in a hotel on Skye with our weather wasn't the best idea and although it doesn't look clean I can assure him it is not dirty. When it was put in it looked magnificent for about 2 weeks !!

I do not believe that there is a smell of damp everywhere.

I hope the rest of his holiday was more enjoyable for him, he obviously booked the wrong place when he booked the Hebridean, as I've said before, what we offer is a clean, basic room with a good bed, 8 channel TV, tea & coffee making facilities, free WiFi in most rooms and good home cooked food in the Lounge/ Restaurant - all at value for money prices.

Reviewed 12 September 2010

Stayed here for three nights while mountain walking on Skye. Found the owners friendly and quietly efficient. Bedroom was very clean, well equipped for the price, and had great views out to sea. The shower was powerful (better than many more expensive hotels). Didn't dine in the hotel other than breakfast, which was plentiful and well-cooked. This is not a multi-star establishment but represented good value for the price and I would certainly stay again. There was a large car park. Only downside of the second-floor room was traffic noise from the adjacent road as I am a light sleeper, however the road was not continuously busy.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2010

We had several meals at the Hebridean on a recent visit to Skye. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. Evening meals were excellent especially the Macaroni Cheese and the Hebridean Chicken. Jerry and Heather really put themselves out for you. Maybe that is why they appear knackered! Would certainly go back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2010

The hotel is clean, friendly and has plenty of parking. Heather and Jerry make you very welcome and nothing is to much bother. Children are very safe in the hotel and there is plenty of room for them to play in without being a nuiscance to other guests.. The food is FABULOUS!!! The only downside is trying to decide what to have for dinner as everything is very nice - I have to recommend the Hebredian Chicken and the Macaroni Cheese - you will not taste better any where.

We look forward to going back many times.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Bed rather uncomfortable which gave me backache. Shower not working one night/morning so had to use the one downstairs.

On the plus side very good breakfast and employ a Spanish ? person who is very nice and helpful. Ample free parking across the road but it does need repairs as it has deep holes which need filling.

Left with the impression owner was exhausted / knackered.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
highlandgerry, Owner at Hebridean Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2010

What can I say, we have been working 7 days a week, minimum of 15 hours a day since March, we do try to be friendly, I suspect that most guests would agree that my wife is normally very friendly (although I am the grumpy old chef hiding out in the kitchen!!)

I'm pleased to see we got high scores for Value and for Cleanliness but would like to point out that the showers have always been working. One day we were informed that the shower was not working, but the guest had not switched on the power outside the bathroom door. ( I don't know if this was Honeymonsterontour.)

This is the first time anyone has complained about a bed, but if Honeymonster would care to email us stating which room he stayed in, we will certainly look into it.

Gerry & Heather
Owners

Reviewed 18 August 2010

I spent two nights at the hotel and was quite happy with it. The room was clean and had a nice view to the bay. The only problem was that between the hotel and the water there was a relatively busy road. So it was difficult to sleep with the window open. Also, the walls are pretty thin (I heard my neighbour snoring). The food at the hotel was very good, both for dinner and breakfast (try the smoked salmon).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadford
Dunollie Hotel
#1 of 3 in Isle of Raasay
Broadford House Skye - B&B
Broadford House Skye - B&B
#26 of 26 in Broadford

Been to Hebridean Hotel? Share your experiences!