“Excellent”

Cuisines: Scottish, Fast food
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stopped by this little cafe for a sausage and egg bun and a cuppa, and was not disappointed. Well, actually, I was, but not because of the food or service, please read on...

I had a delicious Lorne sausage and egg bun - perfectly cooked and the sausage was wonderfully peppery. I was very pleased to note the attention to good food hygiene displayed by the lady serving (the owner i think) including using a temperature probe to ensure the sausage was cooked through. A cup of tea completed my feast. I forget the price, but it was not expensive considering the location. Speaking of which, the view across Broadford Bay has to make it one of the best breakfast locations for miles.

Why then was I disappointed? Simple! I returned on Sunday for breakfast only to it closed. Of course everyone needs a day off, so I planned to visit on my last day on Skye, Monday 27/5/13. More disappointment - Bank Holiday so closed again!! Arghhhh!!

Breakfast was the reason for my visit, but this little cafe also sells sandwiches, toasties, burgers and more and is open daily until 5pm. Except Sundays and Bank Holidays it seems!!

Recommended

2  Thank Peter B

Reviewed 16 November 2012

Stopped here after reading the reviews and wasn't disappointed, the quality of the burgers would be hard to find for three times the price, all made fresh to order.. Lovely fresh coffee as well witha great selection. If your travelling through Broadford I would recommend stopping off here on your way to the north of the island.

1  Thank Alan J
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Everthing ! Fast fab food. fun person who owns it. It was a horrible day which have been few and far between this summer but the girl who runs this place was upbeat and fun.

1  Thank ian s
Reviewed 10 August 2012

If you love simple and genuine food, an outdoor seating and some fresh air to breath while eating, that´s the place for you in broadford!
the owner is really friendly and burgers and chips were simply delicious!!
greetings from Italy!

1  Thank Emiliano S
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The market kitchen takeway is in my opinion the best and most enjoyable place to eat in broadford! The owner ann is very lovely and is excelent company! I reccommend this place to anyone who is in broadford and wants some very nice food!

2  Thank john-rangers