“Very standard rooms”
Review of Dunollie Hotel

Dunollie Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Broadford
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel seems to get bad reviews but it was very standard - my single room was small but no smaller that two other hotels I stayed in. Buffet breakfast was good. Rooms along the sides have poor views but then I was outside ost of the time getting the views first hand. A tadge more expensive than other similar hotels though and so good enough value but not great value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Amac1red, General Manager at Dunollie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for honest views of which have been noted.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed here over the Easter weekend and found this hotel to be a perfect location to what we needed it for. All staff are extremely friendly. Breakfast was adequate , buffet style so you can eat as much as you like! Bar was fab for having a chin wag with locals, rooms are in need of updating ... But that's just minor.. If you are coming to Skye you are not there to sit in your room all day on the internet. Would defiantly stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 May 2014

My mother and I stayed here on our round Scotland trip.
The rooms were large and the beds definitely comfortable. The wifi is only accessible from the lounge area, but that is not too much of a drama, lets you have a beer while you wait!!
The buffet breakfast was tasty and had a good variety.
This was just the one night, but wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Amac1red, General Manager at Dunollie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for your review and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I only stayed at this hotel for 1 night, but I would not call this a hotel. It was more like an "upmarket hostel", as the whole place had the feeling of a hostel really. The cleanliness is not as I expect from a hotel, and breakfast was poor. They really do not make an effort to have quality ingredients, even though the price of the room I would not consider in the budget category. Wifi only works in the reception/lounge area.
The room smelled bad and it was not possible to open the window. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Graz-London

I am sorry to read of you experience and disappointed you could not make myself or the team aware of this, as I can assure we would have done everything possible to improve your stay. Please note that all our bedroom windows do open and we always ensure our rates are very competitive with other similar properties on the island.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Cannot believe I was charged 145 pounds a night for this...absolutely disgraceful. Cannot comprehend what a room without a view would have been like downright depressing. The water pressure could not raise a shower on one morning, there was condensation stains running down the walls , paint peeling. The reception staff were disinterested to the point of rude and the whole place very tired. The one positive was breakfast the staff at least smiled and it was quite good .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wearytravla

As much as I do not in away enjoy complaints I am totally powerless to do anything about them once it is on Trip Advisor. My aim is to make sure visitors enjoy their stay with us and if you believe we have failed ask to see the Manager on Duty old fashioned I know but very affective

Reviewed 3 May 2014

this was the absolute low light of my tour. horrible hotel, my room was smaller than the cupboard under the stairs, i couldn't even get my suitcase in the room without a massive fight, but as small as it was, i could have dealt with that but the smell of the room was atrocious, there is absolutely no reason why you can't make an older hotel smell nice.. the staff did not impress me, on our way to the rooms we had to dodge rubbish and dirty linen, vacuums and other things, the staff didn't realise i was in the room when they dropped my bag off, and threw it at the door! when i had to go and talk to the front desk to find out if my room had been swapped, my wonderful tour director had fixed this for me, they ignored me! the food was not great. and it took a good 10 minutes to be served at the bar to get a drink, the highlight was the accordion player. i would never even consider coming here again, as beautiful as Skye is, you're better off staying outside and doing a day trip, extremely disappointed

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lee b

I am very sorry to read of your experience and very disappointed. We do try to allocate the best rooms available with tour groups and I am glad we were able to offer you another room.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

A late review for a coach trip just before Easter. Throughout our stay the staff went out of their way to meet the needs of the people on the coach tour. The food was good with adequate choice. The breakfast was good including hagis. Our room was a little tired but adequate. The courtyard in the center of the hotel could have been a little tidier. Overall an enjoyable and comfortable two nights.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for you balanced review and I can assure you the court yard is a work in progress and well under way

Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadford
Broadford Hotel
Toravaig House Hotel
Bosville Hotel
Bosville Hotel
#3 of 6 in Portree

Been to Dunollie Hotel? Share your experiences!