“Great Hotel”

and 1 more site!
Broadford Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Broadford
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed 1 night at the Broadford Hotel on the Isle of Skye. Great hotel with some interesting history. Room was huge with separate TV area. Lovely amenities in the bathroom and everything was spotlessly clean. Ate in the pub restaurant for dinner, great service and good pub food. Breakfast was in the dining room overlooking the garden and water. Super food and service here as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in March, because I was running a workshop for an organisation at the hotel during that time too.

The hotel is superb. The room and bathroom were gorgeous. Everything was spotlessly clean and felt brand new. Very modern, great decor. The bed was very comfy, the shower was powerful, hot and great!

The food was fabulous too, and if you get the chance, the award winning Skye smoked salmon with creamy scrambled eggs for breakfast was probably the most incredible breakfast I've ever tasted in a hotel. Hats off to the Chef!

The staff were lovely, and they catered for my workshop brilliantly too. I would very highly recommend the Broadford Hotel. We loved our stay there and to be quite honest, would have liked to have stayed longer. We will be back though!

We stay in many hotels with our work, and this really was one of the best.

I have to say that the people of Skye are some of the friendliest people we have ever met. The scenery was stunning, and the three days and two nights we spent there will always be very special to us. If you take a trip to the Talisker Distillery, be sure to visit the Fresh Oyster Bar with stunning views just a wee bit further up the road (clearly signposted).

Thank you everyone at the Broadford Hotel. You have a really fabulous hotel.

Looking forward to coming back.
Andrew and Diane Nicholson

Room Tip: We stayed in room 28. Lovely big room with a separate living area with seating and TV.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Just back from staying in this hotel for 1 night. Booked it through booking.com for an amazing £65, which was a twin room for me and my friend. Was really happy with the room and especially the bathroom. Everything was clean and tidy, and the room was just the right temperature upon entrance.

Went for a meal in the adjoining bar in the evening. Was quite busy but once it cleared a bit we went up and ordered food. There should be something on the menu for everyone I reckon. I had the macaroni cheese and was really happy with it.

Found the staff that worked there really warm and friendly.

My only criticism would be that the WiFi connection frequently dropped, whether I was in the room or downstairs in the bar. I didn't book this hotel because of the free WiFi, so it didn't effect me too much, but perhaps someone who is staying and required good internet might have a few issues with it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scott W
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Last minute booking due to weather related ferry issues.

Was offered two room types standard double or superior double. We took the superior double, well we were going on holiday so why stint, and were not disappointed, room was large with smaller sitting area in an alcove to one side, and en-suite was more than adequate.

At £80 B&B for two it was reasonable value, breakfast was substantial, and service was friendly and efficient, had supper in hotel bar on arrival, again it was more than adequate, menu was sufficiently varied for our tastes, and service was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barraidh
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Fairly average hotel. Not bad in terms of bathroom and room size was good. The bed was hard and uncomfortable and there was no hot water in the morning for our showers. We left at 7.30am on a Saturday morning, and had told the Manager as we were hoping to get breakfast earlier than the 8am start. We were offered a continental breakfast which was taken to our room the night before, which was kind of them. However, the heating is on a timer and doesn't come on until 7.30am apparently, so hence the cold showers.

There was no sign of life at 7.30am and we had to put on the lights and work out how to let ourselves out of the hotel.

I know the island life is more relaxed and it was a weekend, but it wasn't that early...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed in Sallachy over xmas 2013 and on our final evening we decided to eat at this hotel as we'd driven past it on numerous occasions during our stay. We were not disappointed! The food was fantastic and if you like seafood the creamy garlic mussells are a must! Myself my partner and our 2 boys all had fish and chips the boys had kids portions and the portions were great not to much and overfacing. The bar lady was really nice and welcoming. All in all a really nice family night out ****

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LinHop1984
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Ignore the overpaid ignorant woman below. She would wear high heels in a muddy field & tell you its the coos fault. The Gabbro is arguably the friendliest & earthiest welcome you will get in Broadford. Dog friendly, food in stooks, well prepared & never cold, fresh & tendered. Several niches you could hide a deity in. Cosy, warm, alive with blether. The Gabbro snug will hold you all night & Kevin & the staff will break a leg to make sure you have everything you desire. Skye TV is live. The wood burner is on. There s a table you can push balls around on with sticks. The leather sofa areas are there for the taking & she's WifI running. All range of drams, beers....a shelter in the storm. You will meet locals, fishermen, skippers, crofters, carpenters & doctors alike. All of them will give you a warm welcome.
The hotel side? That's the posh bit. You'll be treated so well. Honestly? I've never stayed in the hotel, but the bar hotel side, attention to service & accommodation is second to none. I run my own business & I would put clients in here as a first choice. Recommended for couples, family, friends & just if you are passing through, wet, carrying a rucksack. You will be welcomed, fed & watered & rested. Views over Broadford Bay, Beinn na Callaich & situated on the much photographed road to Elgol.
Stop in. Life will take a turn.

[In no way am I associated with, or profit from the Hotel. My review is independent, unbiased & trustworthy]

Tadhg Mac

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank HowlinGael
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadford
Dunollie Hotel
#1 of 1 in Flodigarry
Bosville Hotel
Bosville Hotel
#3 of 6 in Portree

Been to Broadford Hotel? Share your experiences!