“Amazing location, amazing view, amazing cottage!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Anchorage

The best place to be!
The Anchorage - right on the water's edge in Skye Always something interesting passing by. This is the Hebridean Princess luxury cruise ship.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Anchorage - right on the water's edge in Skye
Always dramatic!
Fishing boats always passing
Otters on the rocks by the house
Wonderful summer days on Skye
The small fishing harbour is just 30 seconds walk away.
Otters by the house
Castle Moil is a nice half hour round walk from the house- just beware the tide!
Aga cooking at its best!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
German first
Any
Kathryn R
“Amazing location, amazing view, amazing cottage!”
Reviewed 19 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

I don't write reviews very often but how could I not. I live in the South of England and work in London so was looking for somewhere to escape to that was safe (travelling on my own) stunning and calming. This cottage is all that and more. The drive here was breathtaking and after a 12 hour drive I was so happy to open the door and find the most perfect cottage (bigger than it looks on the photos) A lovely big kitchen, a cozy living room and the views!! You can see the sea from every room! I spent most of my time when not touring the Island, sitting in the sunroom watching the boats, the birds and reading books. Heaven! The location is perfect for touring the Island yet being able to get to the mainland easily to tour the West coast. I have toured the whole Island and was never an hour from home. I wanted a home from home and that is exactly what I got. I honestly cannot recommend this cottage enough it has everything I needed and more! I think it is fair to say I have fallen in love with this place and am already planning my next trip back. I won't be staying anywhere else but here! So happy I found it. Very sad that tonight is my last night :-(

1 Nov 2017
Thanks so much for your extensive review Katherine. You have identified precisely the things we love about the house ourselves, as reflected by so many guests. Welcome back any time!
Reviewed 26 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

FluffChuc...
North West England
“A wonderful home from home”
Reviewed 26 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Despite pretty awful weather during our week, we had a thoroughly enjoyable time. We have rented homes all over the world and, without hesitation, this has been our favourite. Perhaps, if one were designing a rental property from the ground up, one would do certain things slightly differently. However, this is primarily the owners holiday home which we were privileged to use for a week. No commercially rented property could hope to convey the warmth and comfort of this delightful cottage. As has been stated before, the location is absolutely perfect and we looked forward to returning each day.
The owner was particularly attentive and sorted out a couple of small issues that occurred whilst we were there with efficiency and charm. We will return!

26 Sep 2017
Thank you for going to the trouble of providing this review Paul. We appreciate it and you'd be most welcome to return anytime. As you say, most of our guests appreciate the fact that is our holiday home in Skye and they are always careful to treat it accordingly. Sorry about the weather. We usually promise rainbows as it is usually far better than people might expect. Best wishes, Richard.
Reviewed 3 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

7 May 2017
Thanks so much for your review and I'm glad you had a good week. I'll take your comments on board re a bench in the garden! Welcome back any time.
Tracey B
“Lovely house”
Reviewed 17 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

The anchorage is a wonderful house. It's cosy, well equipped and truly feels like a home from home. We spent most of our time looking out the window at the ever changing sea scape- birds, otters, boats, submarines. Poured rain every day so we had lots of time indoors! Also, its proximity to the Skye bridge means it's easy access. We made it to Plockton in 20 mins- beautiful!! Highly recommend the Anchorage to anyone booking a holiday in Skye.

18 Apr 2017
Thanks for your review Tracey. I'm glad you enjoyed the house and sorry about the weather. I had been wonderful and but guess you were unlucky, although I'm glad you saw lots from the house. I promise you sunshine next time! All the best , Richard.
Kevin R
“Short holiday”
Reviewed 11 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

After staying at a number of different holiday lets in Skye over the years this wasn't one of the better ones. While I enjoy staying in rentals that have a family feel to them this really did appear to be someone elses home where little regard has been made to those fee paying guests. In particular the shower in the bathroom could only be described as "just" working. Pipes exposed throughout the property where repair works had been completed previously and left in what looked like an incomplete fashion. Kitchen lacking items, spatula, sharp knives to name a couple. Overall a good location with fantastic views but expensive in comparison to other rental properties and definitely on the more run down side of the scale.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Reviewed 4 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
6 Oct 2016
So glad you enjoyed your stay Sheila and many thanks for taking the trouble to provide a review.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing