“DON'T!!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kyleakin
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“DON'T!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

A terrible hotel!! Very tatty, threadbare carpets, fittings cheap, dated & need of urgent upgrade. Bed very uncomfortable with pillows which felt as if they had been stuffed with cardboard. Walls were very thin & we could hear everyone walking about on the squeaky floors. My sons room had a massive damp patch under the window & his shower tray leaked. The bar felt like an airport waiting lounge & I was extremely shocked to see water dripping through the ceiling into two plastic tubs in the middle of the floor (& this was the week BEFORE the hurricane!)
Average breakfast with little choice & poorly cooked food. Definitely not what I expect from a £90 room.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank michaelahewlett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
stornoway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. The reception staff I was met with each time were extremely unhelpful - if you do not want to work with public don't work on a hotel reception. Our hotel shower was not working so we reported this on the day but nothing was done about it. This hotel is far to expensive we stayed in a bed and breakfast the next night and there was no comparison.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank vatty

Travellers are raving about these Kyleakin hotels

Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had to stay at this hotel as I traveled to the Isle of Skye during peek season and I left my reservations for the very last minute.

The positive point about this hotel was its convenient location, as it is very close from the bridge to the mainland. I do not have any complaints about the staff. However, the main negative side of this hotel is the standard of its facilities.

The entire hotel needs an urgent renovation. For example, the sound isolation in the rooms is terrible, the furniture and carpets look old/dirty and the beds need to be replaced as well. Given all these issues this hotel offers very poor value, given the rates they charge.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rbravo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Avoid like the plague! Far far too overpriced for what you get. I've stayed in nicer hostels or 1 star hotels in Thailand!!! It's meant to be a bespoke hotel, they seriously need to learn what bespoke means!! Our bedding was dirty, the bathroom wasn't the best and had mould. Our friends shower didn't work and bathroom was mouldy and paint etc flaking everywhere. The reception staff and management weren't very helpful or friendly. I would rather sleep in my car than stay there again. Stay anywhere else than here.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Michelle M
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed at the Kings Arms Hotel on the lovely Isle of Skye for 3 nights on an easy-breaks, dinner, bed and breakfast deal. Check in was quick, room was good size with a nice bathroom, all very clean. Dinner and breakfast were delicious. The staff were all very friendly. Weather was sunshine and showers but didn't dampen our holiday and the views were spectacular, would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: upstairs rooms are definitely larger.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Patricia M
Up Top
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was really disappointed with my stay here. When I checked-in, the woman behind the counter seemed put-out by my arrival (at 5pm) and she was anything but hospitable. I had a shower as soon as I got into my room only to find that the shower-head-holster was broken and I had to make do as best I could. I reported the fault at reception as I headed out for the evening but it still hadn’t been fixed by the time I returned and I had to make do with the same arrangement in the morning. I complained about the shower in the morning but my concerns were only met with rudeness (this time from a different receptionist) and no apology was offered. I’m no stranger to staying in budget hotels (although most of them are considerably less than £91 pn) and I can live with a dodgy shower & the wifi not working but what bothers me most about this place is the attitude of the staff. I very rarely put negative reviews on Trip Advisor and I am not easily offended but as my OP suggests “if you can't be hospitable, don't work in hospitality!”

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SuicideSheepdog
Tullibody
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We arrived around six pm and got checked in quickly and efficiently. Our room was at the rear looking down into the car park. The room was clean and tidy, the bed very comfortable and the shower worked very well with lots of steaming hot water. TV in room, kettle and tea and coffee supplies and four nice clean towels in the bathroom. This hotel has had a few negative comments recently so we were a little apprehensive before our arrival, no worries, it could do with a lick of paint and a touch up perhaps, but we found it well suited for purpose, plus the cheery staff in the dining room and the excellent breakfast really were first class.Enjoyed our stay and would have no worries about using again.

Room Tip: The views from the front rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank thesandyman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kyleakin
Dunollie Hotel
Toravaig House Hotel
The Flodigarry Hotel
The Flodigarry Hotel
#1 of 1 in Flodigarry

Been to Kings Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!