““Very nice place with a very friendly host””
Review of Rainbow View B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kyleakin
Rainbow View B&B
Ranked #1 of 11 Kyleakin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Every now and then you get to stay at a bed and breakfast place that is run by someone who clearly enjoys his job - and Chris from Yana B&B is exactly such a persons! They were very pleasant and accommodating. The location and building are excellent. It was a clean, safe and comfortable. Chris provided us with a map and even marked all the lovely locations of skye. Thanks a lot for Everything, We hope to visit u soon -- Rohini :)

Room Tip: All the rooms are spacious
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Rainbow View B&B

Reviewed 5 May 2014

After a week's holiday on Skye we did not want to go home so looked for somewhere to stay in the overlooked village of Kyleakin. It is a lovely little place, picturesque, great views and walks - take time to have a look around before heading up to Skye.

We caught Chris outside the house and asked if they had a room available for the two of us and our liitle Yorkshire Terrier. He invited us in and Jana showed us the lovely room and they asked if it was suitable. From the moment we met these lovely people they were helpful, warm and kind.

We had a great night's sleep (apart from my dog barking!) in a very comfortable bed in a spotlessly clean room. The bathroom was a very high standard with beautiful clean white towels and complementary toiletries.

However the best was yet to come - Breakfast! That was just amazing. We had beautiful porridge served with cream and strawberries followed by sausage, bacon, fresh duck egg, fried bread, beans, tomato, haggis and mushrooms. We had fresh orange juice and a lovely cup of tea and there was a choice of brown or white toast. What a way to start the day - we didnt eat again until that night!

As we were leaving there were hugs all round and we left with some of Jana's beautiful home made muffins for the long journey home.

I have no hesitation in recommending this gem of a B&B and will be back again in September.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My friends and I stayed in this wonderful B&B one night in April 2014. We didn't book in advance, however Chris, the owner, welcomed us wholeheartedly. He was very flexible and offered us a lovely family room at a reasonable price. The room was well-equipped with an awesome view and absolutely clean. Chris is a really lovely and funny person and everything felt like home. He gave us a map of Skye with tips what's best to see. Listen to this man, it is really worth it :) The breakfast was fantastic. We can highly recommend the porridge.
Greetings from Germany,
Alex, Marcel, Karin and Karolin

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Chris gave me the warmest welcome ever and made me feel at home from the moment I entered his gorgeous house. I felt more like part of his family rather than a guest. His hospitality is equal to none and he goes far and beyond to make everyone around him happy and at ease. A true people's person and a crowd pleaser.☺

I fell in love with his house as soon as I stepped inside: it has the most amazing views to the sea at the front, gorgeous garden with hens and ducks and a lovely fluffy rabbit called "black panther". Chris's bsck garden leads to the lake where you can see quite a lot of wildlife (I saw a few herons but dolphins can sometimes be seen in the vicinity).

The breakfasts deserve a chapter on their own. You cannot get these supet free range eggs anywhere else. Apart from the traditional full English breakfast, Chris does the most delicious porridge in the world ...and trust me I have been in Scotland many times and the porridge standards are very high here but hey Chris' s porridge is out of this world. You will see what I mean when you try it.☺

Not to mention Jana's baking I had 3 flavoured muffins today: chocolate, banana and blueberry and raspberry. TO DIE FOR

I thought I was going to stay for 1-2 nights and I ended staying 4 nights. There are quite a few things to do nearby: the Maol castle is a short 15 min walk and it can be seen from the B&B. There are a few restaurants near the pier, opposite the castle. You can also walk along the Bridge of Skye to Kyle of Lochalsh, a very cute little village worth paying a visit. There are a few shops, ATM machine and some restaurants and you can take a boat too. From Kyle you can take the train toPlockton "the jewel of Skye" (ticket cost £2.50). Plenty of things to do in Plockton: Calum's seal and dolphins trips (£10, free if you don't see any seals...I had to pay☺ as I saw lots).

Also the bus to the most photographed castle, the Eilean Donan castle, and to Portree the capital of Skye stops right opposite the B&B. Broadford, Kylerhea, Gleneg are a short ride away. Armadale is not too far off so I would highly recommend this B&B as a base for a few days. You will not regret it☺ Chris and Jana have a deep desire to make your stay memorable. If you are not happy at tbe Rainbow View B&B, you will never be.

I will be back; that's for sure. Nicest people ever.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is a wonderful little B&B in a spectacular location just over the Skye bridge. The owner, Chris was really friendly and couldn't do enough for us. The walks he suggested were some of the best we've done in Scotland.

The breakfast was the best I've ever had in a B&B. There was so much choice. I had duck eggs (laid that morning by their own ducks).

I can only assume that the (single) negative comment in Tripadvisor for this place was written by someone who is insane. Ignore it and look at the genuine good comments.

We would definately stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We realised we wouldn't make it to Aberdeen that afternoon and by chance my son knocked at this B&B, we couldn't have asked for more!!
Our room was en suite and actually was more like an apartment, as it had a double bed and alongside it another room with two single beds, one facing the waterfront, the other the semi snowed hills, lovely.
Very nicely presented and cosy. And as for the breakfast...wow! We had freshly laid duck eggs, a yummy porridge...ohh, Chris needn't even worry getting it wrong, delicious is just one adjective to describe his breakfast!!
I seriously recommend this very friendly B&B in a most beautiful spot!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This is everything you would expect from a B&B. I arrived after a long days drive from Aberdeen. I hadn't booked anything. Kyleakin is a small town and a dead end which means it's quiet. It's a great place to explore the Isle of Skye from, especially as the drive back to Edinburgh is much shorter from there. The pub is literally next door and there are great views from the rooms. Chris (the owner) was immediately welcoming and full of dry British humour. He had just changed the heater in my room so it hadn't been on but soon warmed up and was more than cosy. Everything was clean and neat. The decor is a bit outdated but the bed was comfy and the room was huge by other B&B standards I had stayed in. Wifi was a welcome inclusion as well. I have to say what makes this a standout stay is the owner. Chris literally could not do enough to make me feel welcome which is much appreciated when your travelling alone. He was happy to welcome me into his lounge and chat. Scamp (the dog) is always up for a pat as well. On top of this his local knowledge is enviable when you want to know what to see in this stunning part of Scotland. And the guy can cook! If it fits I highly recommend you stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kyleakin
Hotel Eilean Iarmain
Duisdale House Hotel
Gleann An Ronnaich
Gleann An Ronnaich
#4 of 95 in Portree

Been to Rainbow View B&B? Share your experiences!