“excellent value, friendly and a great breakfast.”
Review of Rainbow View B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kyleakin
Rainbow View B&B
Ranked #1 of 11 Kyleakin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We arrived quite late to a warm welcome and recomendation where to get a good dinner locally. The room was comfortable, clean and well equipped.
We just stayed one night but would recommend using this place as a base for exploring further afield in both Skye and across the bridge into the Scottish coast as the host, Chris, knows the area well and his partner, Jana, serves a wonderful breakfast. It's always a bit hit and miss choosing a place for one night when en-route from one place to another but the Rainbow came up trumps for us and we can recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rainbow View B&B

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Chris and Jana, what a team!! they really care about the details, all is clean, ordered, the house is confortable, big rooms with bathroom inside, amazing breakfast, I only have good words for my experience there, they make my trip easier and fan.
Thanks from Leonardo (da Vinci) and Antonio (Banderas).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Such a heartly and funny welcome. The room was clean and the bed a heaven on earth.
Breakfast was so amazing a very delicous Porridge an fresh eggs from their own chickens and ducks

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Every now and then you get to stay at a bed and breakfast place that is run by someone who clearly enjoys his job - and Chris from Yana B&B is exactly such a persons! They were very pleasant and accommodating. The location and building are excellent. It was a clean, safe and comfortable. Chris provided us with a map and even marked all the lovely locations of skye. Thanks a lot for Everything, We hope to visit u soon -- Rohini :)

Room Tip: All the rooms are spacious
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014

After a week's holiday on Skye we did not want to go home so looked for somewhere to stay in the overlooked village of Kyleakin. It is a lovely little place, picturesque, great views and walks - take time to have a look around before heading up to Skye.

We caught Chris outside the house and asked if they had a room available for the two of us and our liitle Yorkshire Terrier. He invited us in and Jana showed us the lovely room and they asked if it was suitable. From the moment we met these lovely people they were helpful, warm and kind.

We had a great night's sleep (apart from my dog barking!) in a very comfortable bed in a spotlessly clean room. The bathroom was a very high standard with beautiful clean white towels and complementary toiletries.

However the best was yet to come - Breakfast! That was just amazing. We had beautiful porridge served with cream and strawberries followed by sausage, bacon, fresh duck egg, fried bread, beans, tomato, haggis and mushrooms. We had fresh orange juice and a lovely cup of tea and there was a choice of brown or white toast. What a way to start the day - we didnt eat again until that night!

As we were leaving there were hugs all round and we left with some of Jana's beautiful home made muffins for the long journey home.

I have no hesitation in recommending this gem of a B&B and will be back again in September.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My friends and I stayed in this wonderful B&B one night in April 2014. We didn't book in advance, however Chris, the owner, welcomed us wholeheartedly. He was very flexible and offered us a lovely family room at a reasonable price. The room was well-equipped with an awesome view and absolutely clean. Chris is a really lovely and funny person and everything felt like home. He gave us a map of Skye with tips what's best to see. Listen to this man, it is really worth it :) The breakfast was fantastic. We can highly recommend the porridge.
Greetings from Germany,
Alex, Marcel, Karin and Karolin

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Chris gave me the warmest welcome ever and made me feel at home from the moment I entered his gorgeous house. I felt more like part of his family rather than a guest. His hospitality is equal to none and he goes far and beyond to make everyone around him happy and at ease. A true people's person and a crowd pleaser.☺

I fell in love with his house as soon as I stepped inside: it has the most amazing views to the sea at the front, gorgeous garden with hens and ducks and a lovely fluffy rabbit called "black panther". Chris's bsck garden leads to the lake where you can see quite a lot of wildlife (I saw a few herons but dolphins can sometimes be seen in the vicinity).

The breakfasts deserve a chapter on their own. You cannot get these supet free range eggs anywhere else. Apart from the traditional full English breakfast, Chris does the most delicious porridge in the world ...and trust me I have been in Scotland many times and the porridge standards are very high here but hey Chris' s porridge is out of this world. You will see what I mean when you try it.☺

Not to mention Jana's baking I had 3 flavoured muffins today: chocolate, banana and blueberry and raspberry. TO DIE FOR

I thought I was going to stay for 1-2 nights and I ended staying 4 nights. There are quite a few things to do nearby: the Maol castle is a short 15 min walk and it can be seen from the B&B. There are a few restaurants near the pier, opposite the castle. You can also walk along the Bridge of Skye to Kyle of Lochalsh, a very cute little village worth paying a visit. There are a few shops, ATM machine and some restaurants and you can take a boat too. From Kyle you can take the train toPlockton "the jewel of Skye" (ticket cost £2.50). Plenty of things to do in Plockton: Calum's seal and dolphins trips (£10, free if you don't see any seals...I had to pay☺ as I saw lots).

Also the bus to the most photographed castle, the Eilean Donan castle, and to Portree the capital of Skye stops right opposite the B&B. Broadford, Kylerhea, Gleneg are a short ride away. Armadale is not too far off so I would highly recommend this B&B as a base for a few days. You will not regret it☺ Chris and Jana have a deep desire to make your stay memorable. If you are not happy at tbe Rainbow View B&B, you will never be.

I will be back; that's for sure. Nicest people ever.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kyleakin
Hotel Eilean Iarmain
Duisdale House Hotel
Gleann An Ronnaich
Gleann An Ronnaich
#4 of 95 in Portree

Been to Rainbow View B&B? Share your experiences!