“Quaint Accomodations”
Review of Viewmount

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portree
Viewmount
Ranked #57 of 98 Portree B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed here during our Isle of Skye tour through Rabbies. We were nextdoor to the main house shown above. Our room was a bit cramped but comfortable, since we only slept there. Free WiFi was available at the main house, which was open to guests around the clock. There is no crime in Portree so you don't need to lock your doors. Our breakfasts were very good and were accomodating to my gluten free needs. It was nice talking to the owners and also the other travelers. We were not far, about a 15 minute walk to town. It was tricky finding a place to have dinner since you were either waiting awhile to be seated or needed reservations. Ian made reservations for us since we were on our tour all day. So be sure to take this into consideration when you travel here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We were in a house 2 doors down from the main house, but Ian helped us get our luggage moved down to the right house. He was very helpful when I got sick the next morning and we needed to use his phone. He offered to take me to the chemist if I needed. However, the bed was a bit lumpy and we were on the second floor and you could only get wifi if you sat at the top of the stairs or went downstairs and sat at the bench by the front door. The walls were very thin and we could hear regular conversations in the rooms next door and downstairs. It was quite about a 10 minute walk into town.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2014

There was a second house in which we were put, the host and hostess were 2 houses down, did not feel this was a true B&B experience in getting to speak and interact with our host. There was very little interaction at all, though he helped us with our bags all he asked was who wanted the first sitting at breakfast, not how to contact them if there was any issues which there was. The days and nights were still cold and the heat was on a timer and it was shut down through the night, when I woke up that first morning I was very cold, and I'm from Canada, the heat was not on, it should have been timed to come on much earlier so that it would be comfortable to get up, the floors were cold, I was not even warm under the duvet. There was an issue with our bathroom window which was closed but you could feel and hear the wind howling through it, I spoke with the person who comes in the morning to cook our breakfast and she informed our host and when we returned that evening the window at been taken care of. We found the beds to be very uncomfortable, time for a change, very lumpy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were booked at the Viewmount as part of a Timberbush tour and were very pleased with the accommodations. The breakfasts were very good and the hosts were very accommodating and gave us good recommendations for dinners in Portree, which is just a few blocks away.
I would have liked a bit more information on the web site as to what was included in the room and updated slide show of all rooms.

Room Tip: Request a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed here two nights as part of a Rabbies tour of Skye. Rabbies picked a great B&B. I was greeted by Ian who immediatly struck me as a most congenial host. During my two days there I easily struck up a friendship with him and his wife Christine, who whipped up the most spectacular Scottish breakfasts both mornings.

My bedroom was both spacious and bright; it had a very warm and welcoming feel to it. The bed was soft but supportive and I had a wonderful sleep. The bathroom was huge and the shower worked just fine with no hot water issues. The livingroom, which was available for use by the guests whenever, was made up of lovely dark hardwood decked out with plush sofas.

The house is set on a large lot with plenty of parking. It is set far enough back from the road that there is no street noise at all. It is about a 10 minute stroll to the town center of Portree.

I would not hesitate to return to the Viewmount.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The Viewmount is a lovely place to stay in Skye. My husband and I had an overnight stay here recently and it was excellent. Lovely bright room with beautiful bedding and large bathroom with great shower. The hosts Christine and Eka are a lovely friendly couple who strive to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. A full Scottish breakfast was served or a choice of cereals, fruit ,toast tea and coffee are available. We hope to make another visit to Skye later in the year and will certainly book to stay at the Viewmount again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jimmy M
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Have just returned from a stay with christine & eka. (Yes I feel they are friends now) Warmest welcome and was made to feel that our needs were their priority. As well as being a beautifully clean place to stay, lots of local information was given to us and advice about trips etc. The room was lovely and warm with all facilities you would need and the icing on the cake was the fact that the bay fronted lounge/living room was yours to use as and when you liked. Lovely deep couches and loads of cushions to snuggle into and the coal fire just made you feel so cosy and relaxed. Will definitely return and stay in this wee gem of a b & b as the breakfast was every bit as good as the accomodation.

Room Tip: any room as the house is set back from the road with loads of parking in the ample driveway
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends