“Wanderful Experience”
Review of Seaforth Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portree
Seaforth Cottage
Ranked #26 of 92 Portree B&B and Inns
“Wanderful Experience”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The view is superb. The owner is very friendly and welcoming. We stayed during peak Easter period with 2 kids. Kids loved the place. Breakfast was delicious. I would definitely recommend this place...

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed with Ian in the Seaforth Cottage for two GREAT nights . We had the most wonderful FUL Scottish breakfast which was marvelously prepared by Ian, who is the dearest and mos friendliest of all the B & B hosts we have ever encountered. There is a wonderful view to the harbor. Our room was spacious, an external heater was available, making the room warmer. For the first time in Scotland I was not freezing. Great WIFI charming host, great selection of Teas and biscuits we wish we could stay for longer. highly recommend this lodging for future travels. 5 stars Ian

Room Tip: Super clean and quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Fife
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stopped over in Portree after a long days drive to break up the onward journey to the Outer Hebrides. Our host Ian offered a choice of rooms and couldn't have been more helpful. The room was excellent with all mod cons including WiFi, satellite TV, plenty sockets to plug in gadgets, and quality en-suite facilities. It was a cozy warm stay with a hearty breakfast in the morning to help continue the journey. Seaforth sits on the shore with great views from the rooms. It is also centrally located and only 5-10mins walk from the centre of Portree and the harbour.
Highly recommended if you are looking for great quality and value for money accommodation to explore Skye from Portree.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have great views over the sea loch.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed in the Seaforth Cottage for two wonderful nights and no less wonderful mornings. What could be better than eating a full Scottish breakfast marvelously prepared by Ian, who is the warmest and the friendliest of all hosts, with a view to the harbour where the seals are playing?

The room was spacious and Ian took care of putting an external heater into it (and even turning it on in the evenings to make the room warmer for me!). For the first time in Scotland I was not freezing.

I wish I could stay for longer and I will be definitely coming back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Malunya
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We, a group of 9 adults and a 1 kid, stayed in Seaforth for 1 night. All I can say is that the place is excellent and with outstanding service provided by Mr.MacKinnon. I would highly recommend this place. You get excellent view of the Portree bay. Mr.MacKinnon was kind enough to provide us three rooms and also the self-catering cottage and all of these at a very competitive price. The place has private parking space, the breakfast was good and we wanted to start early and Mr.MacKinnon said that breakfast would be ready any time that we wanted. He also allowed us to use his kitchen. Final verdict - I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: The self-catering cottage is a value for money proposition and I would highly recommend it.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stayed in Seaforth Cottage recently, in a tour with Rabbies. The experience was simply amazing and the word perfect is what can fully describe this specific B&B. The room was amazing, with incredible view. It was very clean, with warm and cozy linens and blankets and contained everything we needed (even a hair dryer). Mr MacKinnon gave us a friendly welcome, was very kind and offered to drive us to the city centre whenever we wanted. There was always a table with various flavors of tea, milk and some sweets for the customers to be treated. The breakfast was delicious. We were offered a filling dish of all the scottish goodies (eggs, bacon, potato scones, haggis, black padding and of course the delicious mushrooms). Apart from this dish we had a variety of milk, juice, cereal, yogurts etc to choose from. Everything was absolutely PERFECT! And all these facilites were provided in a very reasonable and affordable price. If I ever make it to the Isle of Skye again, I will go to this B&B without second thought. Thank you Mr MacKinnon for everything. It was the best place I've ever lived in during holidays.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank GiotaKesidou
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is my first time to visit Skye. At the beginning, I worried about accommodation's quality, but in fact, it exceeded my expectation!! Ian is very kindness and thoughtful, he provided a lovely room for me, it's comfortable and cozy and has wifi and lots of socket. In addition, the best thing is when I got up and the most beautiful scenery just in front of me! I still remember the delicious breakfast and I really want to go to Skye and stay there again!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo