“Lucky for you, your search is over.”
Review of Seaforth Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portree
Seaforth Cottage
Ranked #24 of 91 Portree B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Lucky for you, your search is over.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After scouring the net for places to stay in Portree, I came across the Seaforth Cottage. The reviews all had a common themes: clean and quiet, but walking distance to town, waterfront, peaceful views, a kind, friendly, and helpful host etc...I am writing this review to continue the long list of stunning reviews for Ian and his cottage. Often after booking online, and viewing the (perfect) photos of your potential lodging, arriving at the place can be a let down. The reality does not match the photos, or images in your mind. Although the photos of Seaforth (here and on other sites) are perfectly fine, for the most part do not do the place justice. I'm uploading a few decent shots I took, yet still, the cottage and it's surroundings are much better in person. If you're fortunate enough to book at Seaforth, you'll most likely also be lucky enough to meet Ian, who deserves every positive review and kind word. From the first meeting he's either offering to pick you up, and or drive you into town. My mother and I were hungry after arriving so Ian took us for a quick ride (the walk is only about 12 mins, but we were hungry!) and was happy to point out his personal favorites. We ended up taking his advice, and ended up at The Granary (twice!). We had an all day tour booked for the following day with little time for dining, but no problem, Ian's enormous traditional Scottish Breakfast kept us going until nearly dinner. Although I tend to eat less meat, I gave the full breakfast a go the first day–and it was delicious–but opted to stick to vegetarian for the remainder of the stay. This was not a problem at all for Ian, as I still had a delicious and filling meal. It was sincerely a little sad departing the Seaforth Cottage. We had such a wonderful experience, dare I say...perfect. When I return to Portree and the Isle of Skye (which is almost certain) I will absolutely look forward to staying with Ian again. So, if you're reading this considering your options, stop. You've already found it: book at the Seaforth Cottage.

Room Tip: Although the entire cottage is clean and spacious, I do believe the best water views are upstairs.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jerry P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

It was a great experience! Ian is such a kind and sweet man. His cottage just facing the sea and the room is clean and cozy. I felt refreshed the minute I stepped in the amazing sea view. In the morning, Ian cooked us delicious Scottish breakfast and I ate all, I didn't feel hungry until afternoon! LOL! It's really pity that we can only stay one day since we already booked tickets. I will definitely recommend this B&B to my friends!!! ---Vicky Zhang

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank VickyZhang27
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here when we were doing a 3 day Isle of Skye tour with Rabbies. We were greeted by Ian as soon as we pulled into the driveway. Ian is such a kind, caring man. You can tell how hard he works to make everyone's stay wonderful. The B&B is a very pleasant walk away from the center of town. It's tucked away nicely right by the sea. It's so nice eating breakfast and watching the water. Ian's breakfasts are big and delicious! Neither of us could finish our food, and it's a shame we couldn't because it was so good.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

It was wonderful staying with Ian (who was such a sweet and wonderful man!). We were taking Rabbie's Isle of Skye tour and were given Seaforth Cottage as our accommodation. We (a group of three friends) stayed in one of the suites. We had a cosy, lovely room with clean towels, shampoo and soap, a hair dryer, and clean, comfortable beds. The sea view from our window was absolutely gorgeous, and we enjoyed sitting by the large window and letting the cool breeze waft in. (The heaters kept us warm enough.) Ian cooked us delicious Scottish breakfasts each morning, which were very filling. There was also a ready supply of coffee, tea, and hot water, which was great. Ian showed us where to go for a good walk (the Leap! Which was lots of fun and gave us a beautiful view) in the evening, since it was still bright at around 8pm (it being summer-ish). We also got to use the kitchen to cook dinner for ourselves (we made soup, baked crumpets, and cooked noodles), and Ian was so kind to help us set up and wash up. Wifi connection was great too. Tapadh leibh for making our stay on the Isle of Skye so wonderful!

- Michele, Audrie, and Joshua

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The host LAN is such a friendly and hospitable man. We stayed in the family room there for my parents' second honeymoon(as Lan thought). It is actually a vary cosy two floor house adjacent to the common room and had a brilliant view of the sea from both the window on the first floor and the doors in the ground floor. I would definitely stay again next time!

• Stayed April 2014
Lille, France
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This B&B is wonderfull. The owner, Ian is a very nice and friendly personn. The double bedroom is very nice and very clean. We sleep very well in a very confortable bed. The bathroom in the double room is very functionnal and exceptionally clean! The view from the window is wonderfull, you can park your car safely far from the road and close to the sea, at few meters of the bedroom window. Ian cook for me a great full scottish breakfast which gives to me all the necessary energy for the rest of the day (we founded the fairy pools!! wonderfull). The center of Portree is only at 6 minutes by walking. This B&B is probably one of the best that I have already seen. Thank you very much Ian. Best regards, Thomas & Camille

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The view is superb. The owner is very friendly and welcoming. We stayed during peak Easter period with 2 kids. Kids loved the place. Breakfast was delicious. I would definitely recommend this place...

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family