“Wonderful B&B in Portree”
Review of Seaforth Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portree
Seaforth Cottage
Ranked #24 of 92 Portree B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful B&B in Portree”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at seaforth for 2 nights. Ian was very kind and gave us a room with a very nice view on the second level. Breakfast was great, best mushrooms I've eaten. Can't go wrong with choosing this place.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Luton
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had a wonderful couple of nights at Seaforth Cottage B&B. The owner, Ian, was incredibly friendly and very helpful with local knowledge. That is, he pointed is the right direction for a pub that sold nice ale !! It helped that this was only a brisk 5 minute walk away :-)
The views from the property were stunning - the photo's on the website didn't do them justice. And the bedroom was very clean and comfy with a lovely sized en-suite and a large shower cubicle. My husband particularly loved the tea and coffee area in the lobby. We were allowed use of the fridge to put some of our stuff in too (and left a couple of drinks behind - sorry about that!)
The breakfasts were absolutely massive and very lovely. We didn't eat again until the evening on both days. As well as the full breakfast there were the usual cereals, yoghurt, fruit, toast, cheeses etc in case you're not quite as greedy as us and want to lay off the big breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 June 2014

You will not regret choosing Seaforth Cottage on your visit to Isle of Skye. Our host, Ian, was very welcoming and friendly and helped make our stay so pleasant. He is kind and helpful, even driving to catch up with our van to bring something important which had been forgotten and left behind. The full Scottish breakfasts Ian prepares are delicious and are so large that we always had plenty to keep us satisfied until evening. Our room was very comfortable, clean, and had an amazing view of the bay. We were very pleased with our accommodations. Thank you Ian for doing everything you could to make sure we had an enjoyable stay, including providing the brochures and maps requested making it easy to learn more about where we visited.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After scouring the net for places to stay in Portree, I came across the Seaforth Cottage. The reviews all had a common themes: clean and quiet, but walking distance to town, waterfront, peaceful views, a kind, friendly, and helpful host etc...I am writing this review to continue the long list of stunning reviews for Ian and his cottage. Often after booking online, and viewing the (perfect) photos of your potential lodging, arriving at the place can be a let down. The reality does not match the photos, or images in your mind. Although the photos of Seaforth (here and on other sites) are perfectly fine, for the most part do not do the place justice. I'm uploading a few decent shots I took, yet still, the cottage and it's surroundings are much better in person. If you're fortunate enough to book at Seaforth, you'll most likely also be lucky enough to meet Ian, who deserves every positive review and kind word. From the first meeting he's either offering to pick you up, and or drive you into town. My mother and I were hungry after arriving so Ian took us for a quick ride (the walk is only about 12 mins, but we were hungry!) and was happy to point out his personal favorites. We ended up taking his advice, and ended up at The Granary (twice!). We had an all day tour booked for the following day with little time for dining, but no problem, Ian's enormous traditional Scottish Breakfast kept us going until nearly dinner. Although I tend to eat less meat, I gave the full breakfast a go the first day–and it was delicious–but opted to stick to vegetarian for the remainder of the stay. This was not a problem at all for Ian, as I still had a delicious and filling meal. It was sincerely a little sad departing the Seaforth Cottage. We had such a wonderful experience, dare I say...perfect. When I return to Portree and the Isle of Skye (which is almost certain) I will absolutely look forward to staying with Ian again. So, if you're reading this considering your options, stop. You've already found it: book at the Seaforth Cottage.

Room Tip: Although the entire cottage is clean and spacious, I do believe the best water views are upstairs.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jerry P
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

It was a great experience! Ian is such a kind and sweet man. His cottage just facing the sea and the room is clean and cozy. I felt refreshed the minute I stepped in the amazing sea view. In the morning, Ian cooked us delicious Scottish breakfast and I ate all, I didn't feel hungry until afternoon! LOL! It's really pity that we can only stay one day since we already booked tickets. I will definitely recommend this B&B to my friends!!! ---Vicky Zhang

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank VickyZhang27
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here when we were doing a 3 day Isle of Skye tour with Rabbies. We were greeted by Ian as soon as we pulled into the driveway. Ian is such a kind, caring man. You can tell how hard he works to make everyone's stay wonderful. The B&B is a very pleasant walk away from the center of town. It's tucked away nicely right by the sea. It's so nice eating breakfast and watching the water. Ian's breakfasts are big and delicious! Neither of us could finish our food, and it's a shame we couldn't because it was so good.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

It was wonderful staying with Ian (who was such a sweet and wonderful man!). We were taking Rabbie's Isle of Skye tour and were given Seaforth Cottage as our accommodation. We (a group of three friends) stayed in one of the suites. We had a cosy, lovely room with clean towels, shampoo and soap, a hair dryer, and clean, comfortable beds. The sea view from our window was absolutely gorgeous, and we enjoyed sitting by the large window and letting the cool breeze waft in. (The heaters kept us warm enough.) Ian cooked us delicious Scottish breakfasts each morning, which were very filling. There was also a ready supply of coffee, tea, and hot water, which was great. Ian showed us where to go for a good walk (the Leap! Which was lots of fun and gave us a beautiful view) in the evening, since it was still bright at around 8pm (it being summer-ish). We also got to use the kitchen to cook dinner for ourselves (we made soup, baked crumpets, and cooked noodles), and Ian was so kind to help us set up and wash up. Wifi connection was great too. Tapadh leibh for making our stay on the Isle of Skye so wonderful!

- Michele, Audrie, and Joshua