“Very good stay”

Feochan Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portree
Feochan Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #52 of 99 Portree B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“Very good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

Very nice welcome, very helpful owners, clean rooms, good breakfast, nice location. The only down side I could remember is that the walls are not soundproof at all, which means you can understand the TV in the room next door... But otherwise, I had a lovely stay!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Alain R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed in this Bed and Breakfast for two nights in August 2012. We were three friends sleeping in the same room.
The room was very bright and clean, and so was the bathroom.
The hosts were very welcoming too. They did not hesitate to keep our luggage at home for the entire day until we left Portree. They also did not hesitate to provide us with adaptater as we had French and Canadian devices that were not comptabile with the Scottish outlets.
For the breakfasts we had two choices: a full Scottish Breakfast or a continental Breakfast. Both were delicious and complete.
We definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank relikette
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Stayed here one night, lovely family home. Really easy to find, just on the right as you drive into Portree. Beautiful rooms, very clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay here again. Really friendly owner who made sure we were happy. Very relaxed. So much choice for breakfast!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neepsntatties
Coventry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012 via mobile

I have been writing reviews for some time and I don't like reading critical reviews if I think they are petty or unfair or vengeful. I have felt in a moral dilemma with this experience. I was very upset by the lady who was clearly irritated at spending any more time with us than the extremely short initial showing us to our rooms. She initially said we could only have cooked breakfast OR non cooked items and we could not, for example have orange juice and fried eggs. Further more she would not discuss pleasantly the breakfast in my view and she insisted we fill out a sheet of paper which we had to choose one of two half hour time slots and put it in the basket. There was virtually none of the usual pleasantries and she said if we did not like the arrangements we should leave. She also effectively called me a liar and said she had her family to attend to and basically it seemed she was annoyed at me from the start. I was cold but there was no extra bedding and I was too scared to ask her for anything. The bathroom light was so dim you had to leave it open to use the taps. There was a massive crack on the mirror which may not have been safe so I asked my child to be careful. If the lady decides she does not like you....we dont eat pork for religious reasons, then beware. I am not very fussy but I was very uncomfortable staying here and I guess I feel annoyed with tripadvisor for giving me false expectations of this experience. It should be said in fairness that she appeared to be better later on, trying to be flexible with the breakfast, letting the children play in her garden. The room was tastfully decorated and clean and maybe we caught her on a bad day.

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank jassoun
Sauchie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Spent a night here at the weekend. Weather was fantastic which showed Skye at it's best. B&B couldn't be faulted. Spotlessly clean with a fantastic view over the bay. Owners were very friendly and our room had everything we needed. On-site parking is good and it's a gentle 15 min stroll to the center of Portree. Been to the island 3 times before and this was by far the best accomodation so far. Breakfast in the morning was perfect and we would thoroughly recommend the Feochan B&B to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GeorgeAitkenhead
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

The owners were so friendly and welcoming, making sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed! Super quiet location and lovely, comfortable room. Breakfast was brilliant with lots of choice! A really nice place and not far from the town centre. Would definitely reccomend and will certainly stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012 via mobile

Excellent service and friendly owner and family! The rooms are spotlessly clean and freshly decorated! They are also very large with a fantastic ensuite bathroom. The kind of quality I would expect from a 4* hotel and to be honest iv stopped in worse 5* hotels. Not enough praise can be given to this B&B! Everything was perfect! The breakfast was fresh and very tasty especially the black pudding! Would definitely recommend and stay again if in Skye. The only downside...... We could only stop one night!

• Stayed July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portree
Cuillin Hills Hotel
#54 of 99 in Portree
Conusg Bed and Breakfast
Conusg Bed and Breakfast
#29 of 99 in Portree

Been to Feochan Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!