Conusg Bed and Breakfast
  • Restaurant
Portree Hotel(Portree)
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsheart of scotland toursb bisle of skyelocal knowledgeporridgebase for exploringgreat place to stayyogurtmade us feel at homea lovely staytwo night stayshort walkgreat breakfasttwo nightselainehostessaccommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Recently spent one night in Conusg, and just wish we could have stayed longer.

Positive:-
The owner could not have been more helpful, telling us about the history of the place, advising where to eat and places to visit.
B&B is on outskirts of town, so easy for access, yet nice and quiet
Excellent spread for breakfast, with fruits, meats, eggs and other antipasti dishes
Portree is a good base for exploring all the island, being very central.

To be aware of (not necessarily negative; just how it is):
Don't rely on satnav to get there - print out owner's instructions on website - they are perfect!
The rooms are basic, but have all the facilities you would need
2 of the rooms upstairs only have skylights, as the building used to be stables
Other than porridge, no cooked breakfast.

Having said all that - I would certainly recommend Conusg. And my parents are already planning a return. Thanks for the stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Outdoorgirl21
Reviewed 3 April 2014

B and B s sometimes advertise as being "home from home", which I never get, becuase a) it wont be and b) if you're on holiday you dont want to be at home! Having said which, this is the closest I've come to staying somewhere that was as homely as home, in the best sense.
The landlady is super helpful from booking to leaving, and full of info about the island.
The house is very warm and cosy.
The beds are super comfy.
The rooms are spotless..
Breakfasts are a buffet style mostly, but made up of interesting and fresh food. As a vegan I was admirably catered for.
Slightly out of Portree (about ten mins brisk walk) it is a few minutes to the lochside and a great Cullin view (on a non misty day)
I will be back if I get a chance.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank prettyfishes
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Conusg in between Christmas and New Year, we arrived on Boxing Day to a very warm welcome, and to find a very knowledgeable and helpful host. The accommodation is clean and tidy with fresh towels every day. The rooms and bathroom were all very clean, albeit slightly dated. The continental breakfast was lovely with a wide variety to chose from, cereals, meats, cheeses, croissants, fruit and fruit salad. Filter coffees and a choice of speciality teas. Elaine gave us lots of tips of things to do; given the season and what may or may not be open! Lovely host, would highly recommend!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bedders1980
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I had a good time at this lodge in Portree, i was there with my gf and my mate and his gf, we were warming welcomed in the very late arrival, the rooms that I stayed in (double bed room en suite near sitting room, ground floor) was very comfortable, the breakfast was also very nice, I would strongly recommend anyone travelling to Portree. The only problem is the location, need like 10-15 minutes walk to town centre if comparing to other places.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HeLiang1984
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My partner & I recently stayed here for 2 nights (12/13th Nov) and thoroughly enjoyed our stay from start to finish. Firstly our welcome by Elaine was so warm, welcoming & friendly! She really is lovely and adds to the warm homely feel it has to offer. It immediately has a cosy feeling when you enter which was especially great given weather was wild wet and windy. We had a large en-suite double next to the breakfast room on the ground floor and it had everything we needed for a short stay - great bed with cosy bedding, free-view tv, tea/coffee & snack bars (proper good stuff too!), lovely big bathroom with large shower and plenty products and the breakfast was fab! As we doing a road trip in scotland a break from the usual cooked breakfast was a welcome change (although toast and eggs provided too if you want) - there was a lovely selection of cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurt, bread/crackers together with lovely cuts of cold meat, cheese and salmon. Not forgetting fresh brewed coffee. Elaine has great local knowledge and was able to give some great advice on places to visit and to eat. Really felt like a home from home. Will definitely stay again when in Skye. Highly recommend folks :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple