Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$76
PricelineUS$76
Hotels.comUS$76
eDreamsUS$76
FindHotelUS$77
Orbitz.comUS$76
All reviews the main square superb location two nights reception ensuite facilities shower skye kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Located on the main square with beatiful view to the lake, the rooms and the beds are very comfortable, with en-suit toilet and shower. The staff is friendly and the bonus- they have a huge kitchen that guests can use, as well as a nice breakfast.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SYHAHostelling, Guest Relations Manager at Portree Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Hi Anna S
Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel following your recent stay with us, Its great to see you had a good time and enjoyed the views.
I will pass on your kind words to Hayley and the team and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Regards Dan.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Compared with YHA I’ve ever stay, this one is slightly under my expectations. The sockets are apparently not enough, and extension cord is not provided.

Besides, bathroom&toilet are in the room, which makes the smell of dorm room terrible.

However, kitchen is pretty nice, so as the big and comfortable dining room. The staff are super friendly and helpful.
All in all, as a place to stay shortly, I would say it’s fair but not good.

Trip type: Travelled solo
SYHAHostelling, Guest Relations Manager at Portree Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Hi ArnoPeng,
Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel following your recent stay with us,Please do ask any one of the staff for an extension cord next time and we will happily provide one.
I'm glad to see you enjoyed everything else and we do hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the youth hostel in Portree for 2 nights from the 15th to the 17th of May in a shared dorm with six people which cost me 18£ per night. Fair!
My first star is for providing bed linen free of charge, unlike many other hostels I checked in. The hostel provides a large kitchen with storage shelves, two fridges and three stoves. Generous!
My second star is for the reasonable check-in time (3pm) for (more or less) early arrivals. If you came earlier, you are able to store your luggage in the lounge.
My third star is for the fantastic location- 1 minute from the bus station, 3 minutes from the next supermarket or various restaurants.
My fourth star is for the sea view from the lounge (not the dorm) and I enjoyed my meals outside watching birds and the amazing scenery.
My fifth star is for the cool young staff, making every effort to make your stay as comfortable as possible, giving you nice tips what to visit on Skye or just having chitchats with you.

Hi Justin2503,
Thanks for the great review its always good to hear,The team work tirelessy at Portree to ensure everyone has a good time and I will pass on your kind words.
Thanks Dan

Reviewed 2 May 2018

This hostel met my expectations. The location was central. It was within walking distance to everything in Portree. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was alright for hostel standards. The toilet was a bit unpleasant as it gave a lot of noise every time I flushed it. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SYHAHostelling, Guest Relations Manager at Portree Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Hi freddyfu
Thanks for your kind review and we hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Nice small hostel with stunning views overlooking the water and mountains.

Large well appointed self catering kitchen.

We stayed three nights in a private room at the back of the hostel. It had a TV in it! Towels also supplied for free as the room was classed as deluxe. We were in room 14 and some people would find small considering the price you pay in comparison to other cheaper hostels.

Someone's razor was left in the shower and the bin in the bathroom had someone's floss in it.

We were greatful for the TV in the end as the common rooms get full, especially when there are big groups in. So we ate in our room instead watching the tv.

Breakfast is £5.50 for continental. They ran out of bread and croissants on our last day which left me with cheese cereal and yoghurt, being a veggie. There was always something that had run out the previous two days as well. We could have asked the staff but they were busy with other guests.

Once again place gets very busy at breakfast, you may struggle to find a seat.

My advice, buy some porridge in pots that you can just add hot water to or some bread and cheese, save your money.

Good location in the centre of Portree.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi quirky-savage
Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel following your recent stay with us.Its good to see overall you had a good time and we will look at the points you have raised to see where we can improve our service.
We hope to welcome you back soon