“A wonderful stay!”
Review of Bealach Uige B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Staffin
Bealach Uige B&B
Ranked #6 of 12 Staffin B&B and Inns
Everett, Washington
“A wonderful stay!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and 2 year old son stayed at this B&B during our brief visit to Skye. It was absolutely fabulous. Joanna and Allan are very friendly and accommodating. They made us feel very welcome. Breakfast was really good and the room was so cozy and comfortable. Joanna and Allan have a beautiful home in an truly wonderful location. We couldn't have asked for a better experience and would go again in a heartbeat!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Both Joanna and her husband were very welcoming. We stayed 2 nights and the hospitality had started even before we arrived with Joanna helping to arrange reservations for supper in a nearby restaurant. The room we had was very comfortable with a great bathroom. The private room is in an annex off the side of the house. We had been to the Fairy Pools prior to arriving and the fairies had tripped me and I had mud all over my pants and Joanna kindly washed them for me. The breakfast was truly amazing. I had a wonderful fresh fruit salad with loots of different berries and pineapple and kiwi...with yogurt and a drizzle of honey it was just what I needed. The cooked breakfast that my husband had was very good too. They had lots of suggestions for good walks and provided a lot of guide books to look at and to take on the walks. We did several walks which were excellent. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HRHCaoimhe
Hamilton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

what a fantastic B&B!

the owners were very friendly and full of great tips on places to visit and eat. nothing was too much hassle for them.

the accomodation was spotless, and the owners taste was your grandmothers quirky and oh so cute and fashionable!

breakfast was beautifully done, right down to cherries in the fruit salad (given it's likely an hours travel to any sizeable supermarket this is no mean feat!), and eggs straight from the hen that morning.

highly recommend and can't wait for my next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nicolasweety
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here the weekend before Easter for 3 nights with two friends. From the moment we arrived, we were thrilled that we had chosen Bealach Uige as our accommodation. Joanna and Allan were incredibly helpful and kind.
The rooms were beautiful. Two of us stayed in the downstairs main double bedroom and my other friend stayed in the double bedroom upstairs. Both rooms were ensuite and beautifully decorated - the finishing touches that Joanna had made really made the rooms even more special. There were sheepskin rugs, hot water bottles, tunnocks teacakes, nice mini bottles of shampoo etc. and fluffy white towels.
The breakfasts were incredible with fresh fruits, tasty porridge and lots of choice. It was a fanastic way to start the day.
Additionally, Staffin proved to be a good base for exploring the north of Skye. We were only a short drive from The Old Man of Storr, Kilt Rock and several different walks. There were also books in the B&B which described the different walks, that we were allowed to borrow. The Flodigarry Inn is only a 10minute drive away and we had a fanatstic dinner there.
This B&B interior is not only decorated to a quality beyond the level a 5star hotel, the hospitality is also beyond anything you could wish for. One day it was pouring with rain and Joanna kindly lent us her and Allan's waterproof trousers for the day. We really felt looked after and staying here made our trip to Skye extra special. I'd love to go back sometime. Don't hesitate to book! :)

Room Tip: The main double room downstairs is the biggest room, so if possible go for that one.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anna K
Reviewed 30 April 2014

What can I say, from the moment we stepped into this lovely B&B I knew my husband had chosen well.
Joanna, Alan and the children are just lovely and welcoming.The whole house is furnished very tastefully and thoughtfully. The breakfast was delicious. The location was great for the north part of Skye.

Finally, the rate is very reasonable for what was an amazing experience.

Thanks Joanna again, for your wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maragdhu
East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a trip to Isle of Skye back in 2007. I think Joanna the owner started taking in guests to help a friend out and how lucky for us she did. This may seem a long time to review somewhere but after finding the B&B online again it looks like things are going from strength to strength. Joanna has a beautiful immaculate home in a stunning location with views which make you want to just sit and look out of the window all day! but getting out there and exploring the magnificent scenery is just as much of a treat. We were made to feel so welcome, if we get the chance to visit Isle of Skye in the near future we will be booking again. Thanks for a memorable stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We picked Bealach Uige because of the lovely rooms that really stood out from all the other B&Bs out there. Joanna has a lovely sense of style and our room was a mix of country romantic elements, 50s and 60s. Very cosy, very warm. I never wanted to leave. Breakfast was delicious as well and served from charming china. AND when we left, Joanna chased us through the village with her car to return a bunch of stuff I had forgotten, I was very grateful!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staffin
The Flodigarry Hotel
Toravaig House Hotel
Achtalean
Achtalean
#5 of 12 in Staffin

Been to Bealach Uige B&B? Share your experiences!