“Bakur bar and pier restaurant”
Review of Pier Restaurant

Pier Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 6 Restaurants in Uig
Price range: US$7 - US$49
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant with outstanding views accross Loch Snizort and Uig Bay where the Western Isles Ferry docks. Serving meals all day throughout the season with local seafood and traditional Scottish cuisine. The Bakur Bar is attached to the restaurant and serves real cask ales from the local brewery as well as a fantastic selection of up to 100 of the finest Scottish Malt Whisky's. Whether its a just a fresh ground coffee whilst waiting for the ferry or a full evening meal the pier restaurant and Bakur Bar is the place to visit.
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stopped off for a bite to eat whilst touring the north of Skye, this was the only place we could find open so we didn't have much option. From the outside the building looked rather shabby and not particularly inviting. The staff were friendly and helpful, the menu was limited and somewhat expensive - £9.50 for macaroni cheese. Children's menu also limited however the waitress kindly arranged for a child size portion of an adult meal. Food was average and limited drinks available. There was a lot of tables and it was busy however not much space between tables so you felt rather cramped, bit of a problem when you are 6'3".

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stopped there during my trip to Skye looking forward to trying a great fish&chips directly brought from the sea to the table... and I only got an average quality one... Probably it wasn't the restaurant fault but my expectations were quite high. Anyway, nice terrace if the sun is up!

Bakurbar, Owner at Pier Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that you felt the fish and chips off our bar menu was only average. As many reviews on this site will testify, the quality of our food invariably exceeds this level.

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the nearby holiday cottage and ate here every night for a week. Each night we had excellent food, very friendly service and probably the most incredible array of Scottish malts to have a go with!
If you want some great food after a long days walking / climbing with good beer and a few drams, this is the place for you!!
Thank you to the staff and the local guys that made us so welcome over the week!!

1  Thank Grumbleweeduk

thank you for your kind review. I am delighted you enjoyed your experience and ver much enjoyed discussing malt whisky with you.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

A tasty and well presented haggis dish outshone the surroundings of the Pier Restaurant on a wet October evening. Maybe on a nice day with the sun shining on the sea things would have looked different, but in the dark, with the rain lashing on the windows, the place felt bleak. I asked for a sherry, and none was available, and my husband would have liked some mango chutney with his chicken balti, which was not available either. On the plus side - the food was good.

thank you for your review. I am surprised and disappointed that we had no sherry the day you were in, as its not exactly an unusual drink and something that we should always have a back stock of. I suspect that the bar person didn't see it. I do apologies for this.
With regard to the surroundings I feel that while we are doing a small face lift this year, we all get that bleak feeling in Skye when the wind is howling and the sky's are grey. Almost half our restaurant are is glassed and as such the atmosphere outside does indeed make a huge difference to the inside.
I am delighted however to hear that you enjoyed your meal, as this is, and always shall be, our top priority.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Excellent service and food with great view of the bay. Local Ale from the Skye Brewery just over the road, they have 6 ales I think and the pub serve 2 at a time and change them. Pool table in the bar area and just a minute walk from the campsite, what more could we want.

Thank you for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your experience with us in Uig.