“Perfect burger and Dog Friendly..”
Review of The Ferry Inn

The Ferry Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Uig
Description: The Ferry Inn is a newly refurbished 19th century family-run inn located in the beautiful fishing village of Uig in the North of the Isle of Skye. Both lively and stylish, the Inn currently has a bar and 4 boutique ensuite rooms and is centrally positioned on the southwest-facing Uig Bay, with a fantastic view towards the Waternish peninsula.
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We loved this place. My cranky whippet Lacey was welcome to sit with us inside or out.
I loved the Rolling Stones theme.
And the food... wow, I just had a burger and chips, bloody gorgeous.
We had struggled to find a lovely, relaxed/ casual place to have lunch.
This place is a gem. And the staff made us feel so welcome.

Thank you.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We visited this restaurant twice during our week long stay on the Isle of Skye and had fantastic food on both occasions. The seafood was exceptional and prepared to a very high standard. We loved the mussels in a coconut and lemongrass sauce - delicious! Be warned though, it is a highly popular place to eat so remember to always pre book.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We visited the Ferry Inn while we were on holiday in Uig, firstly for a drink and then for a meal. We loved everything about it, the atmosphere, staff, drinks and particularly the food, were exceptional. Thank you for adding to our holiday, we will certainly visit again when we are in the area and will recommend to friends. Thank you Gordon and your team.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We spent three nights in Uig and dined at The Ferry Inn on our first evening. The food was exquisite and completely exceeded my expectations; I was expecting regular pub food though was pleasantly surprised.
We were greeted warmly initially though for some members of staff we felt like an inconvenience and uncomfortable - there was almost a sense of snobbery. I live in London and have frequented bars, restaurants and members clubs that don’t have that kind of attitude so I was expecting something more humble from such a pretty and unostentatious place. I do recommend it however and I would potentially return if I for some reason returned to Uig.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Lovely welcome by the barman and excellent meal but let down by the rather charmless male waiter who served us. We had to ask twice for water, I was made to feel uncomfortable when asking about some items on the menu and the wine list was taken away for another table before we had decided whether to have a glass