“One night in paradise”
Review of Raasay House

Raasay House
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed in Raasay house because in Skye I didn't find anything...but I am so glad I found this place on this amazingly silent and beautiful island. I slept really well and really enjoyed my dinner looking out at paradise views. The only negative point for me was the shower..which only had one temperature..and was a bit basic. But the rest was perfect..I would have stayed another week.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I chose Raasay for its location and its stunning building, and I was not disappointed.

The Hotel is gorgeous in its design and renovation, and the library was truly stunning.
The staff were helpful, pleasant and friendly, and went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable.
The breakfast and the dinner meal choice, and quality of the food was exceptional.
The house was filled with families which gave the place a happy vibe, which I did not mind, although if I was to come with my special partner, I would choose a weekday outside school holidays.
I was able to hideaway in the quiet luxury of the library with its big open fire and comfy lounge.
All I want to do is go back....

Room Tip: I had the corner suite, and it was large, bright and airy, quiet and tranquil. I was fortunate to h...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Raasay is a beatiful island with great views and nice walks and after enjoy this you can have a nice dinner with a good cask ale, sleep on a comfortable bed, take a vitalizing shower and enjoy a most than aceptable breakfast. On top of this you can have tv or great views from your room depending on your budget. Not a cheap place but worth the money you spend and quite affordable options form famillies on the big rooms.

Room Tip: Justo navigate through the wide options available form book.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Beautiful isle, marvellous landscapes, lovely weather and view
The room was fantastic, the meals really good; we enjoyed our trip in Scotland and the peak was the isles of Sky and Raasay with their so amazing landscapes

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Great hotel, great staff, great views! A must!!! Add it to your bucket list! We were lucky as we had great weather but I would return even if it were not sunny and warm. This place would make a great retreat (outside of school holidays).

Room Tip: Just go! You won't regret it!
Reviewed 2 August 2014

After a very long and exhausted trip, because of an accident on the road , we finally arrived to Sconser, of course, the last ferry was gone. I called Raasay House and at 9:30 PM, David and Harry came with a small boat to pick us and a part of our luggage up. For sure the cost was higher than with the ferry, but thanks to that we could have a bed for the night.
Everybody was very nice and welcoming despite the late hour, we could have a pretty good dinner.
The house is wonderful, especially in the night when it is illuminated , it is like a fairy-tale.
We had a superb bedroom with a marvellous and breathtaking view on the sea.
We just regretted to stay only two nights.
Raasay House offers many activities and the Isle of Skye is so huge that we will come back for a longer time. It is so relaxing...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Beautiful isle and location of the hotel, that you discover already from the ferry. Splendid view from the nice family room. Some improvements are still expected in the near future , like the outside furniture.

Room Tip: Loch view is a must
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
#4 of 6 in Portree
The Torridon
The Torridon
#1 of 1 in Torridon

Been to Raasay House? Share your experiences!