“Great Venue for an event”

Bankton House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Livingston B&B and Inns
West Lothian, United Kingdom
“Great Venue for an event”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We recently had our daughters naming ceremony at Bankton House and this was a great day.

Although we did not stay at the hotel we were given access to a room to help get ready. Room was nice and clean and cosy.

Staff were very helpful throughout the day and buffet was delicious.

A good day was had all round.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank RDBoab1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I use this hotel on a regular basis for business. I have now stayed in most rooms over a 2 year period and they are all great. Meals are great with a good variety and the staff are fantastic. I'll be back soon.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank 273Paul_R
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2013

What a beautiful hotel, we stayed here for a romantic weekend, the staff where friendly and could not help us enough.
The room was immaculate and very very clean.
We will definitely be back

Thanks for making our stay enjoyable

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 192Ashley75
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Great value hotel in quiet woodland grounds.
Enjoyed my stay. Budget was important so this was a good value for money choice.
I was in a cottage separate from main building - (room 7) - with a shared bathroom. I knew about that when I booked.
Only problem was the awful "air freshener" used by the hotel. These were vases with sticks in.
It was amusing because all 3 guys in the cottage met in the hallway on the first evening and we were all removing the vile-smelling vases from our rooms! Yuk. The manager was alerted and I'm sure this issue will have been dealt with.
Otherwise my stay was pleasant and trouble-free.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Mark T
renata r, Manager at Bankton House Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
HI Mark

We would all like to say a special ‘Thank you' for your 'great review'

And as promised the 'Scented Diffuser Vases' have been removed un-less of coarse some of our female guest’s request them to be brought back, however we appreciate most defiantly being out-numbered by our male guest's on that one,

Hope to see you all back soon

Warm regards
From all the staff
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I booked to stay here on the premise that the hotel was going to accommodate a late check out of 12pm instead of 10am. When I arrived I was told this was no longer possible and I was given reasons as to why this was my fault. The member of staff then offered us a room where a late checkout would be possible...at the extra cost of £20! It was stated that she couldn't possibly give us this other room for the cheaper rate we were paying. I simply wanted to cancel the booking and leave. After being given a few reasons as to why this was also not possible I established that I had to phone the booking agent (laterooms) and this staff member would have to authorise it with them. When we asked if she would do this she shrugged her shoulders and said "we'll see". I told her there was no point me wasting my time phoning laterooms if she wasn't going to authorise the cancellation and her reply was "yeah well we'll see". When I realised she was just being awkward because she couldn't bring herself to just say yes we left to phone laterooms. They contacted her and within about 10 seconds of being on hold she had immediately agreed the cancellation. Thank goodness! Rude, aggressive and some serious attitude. Definitely should not be in the service industry and at the very least some customer service training required. If she wasn't so stubborn both the hotel rooms would not have ended up lying empty.

On my way to a nearby hotel 'the livingston inn' we booked to stay here instead. We paid 25% less for a lovely welcome, breakfast included, en suite and a 12pm check out.

Stayed January 2013
6 Thank Laura317317
renata r, Manager at Bankton House Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Dear Laura,

In investigating further your review:

Our usual check out times are 10am, although we always try to accommodate when possible, a later check out at the guest's request, but this can only be a accommodated if we do not have a same day arrival allowing house-keeping the time to have the room ready for the next guest. And unfortunately this room was booked on the day of your departure, however the up-graded room that was offered in the main hotel, were we could have accommodated a later check out, is a higher grade hence rate with en-suite facilities.
When booking through affiliated sites such as late-rooms, it is unfortunately the guest that has to cancel the booking, however even although we have a non-refundable late cancellation fee that normally would have been chargeable this was waived.
However we are glad that you found alternative accommodation that suited your requirements
Kind regards
Renata
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I had my wedding here on the 25th August! Best day of my life all the staff were amazing, service was outstanding. Very big meals and also very nice.

I would recommend the hotel to anyone for their wedding!

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank RBell280988
renata r, Manager at Bankton House Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
A big 'Thank You' from all at the Bankton for your wonderful review, great to know that we were part of making your wedding day ''the best day ever''

Warm wishes
From all the staff & management
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We found this hotel by chance. From the road you cant see the hotel,I thought we had gone the wrong way! through houses and there it was, the hotel was surrounded by trees and greenery, you would never think it was in the middle of houses, child friendly, high standard of cleanliness, very good food. friendly locals,We Would stay again

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
renata r, Manager at Bankton House Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
A big ''Thank You'' Scott for your great feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your stay
Hope to see you back

Warm wishes
From all the staff & management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
Livingston Lodge Hotel
#2 of 4 in Livingston
Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club
Best Western Glasgow Livingston Hilcroft Hotel
Macdonald Houstoun House

Been to Bankton House Hotel? Share your experiences!