“Friendly Staff made the difference”
Review of Mercure Livingston

Mercure Livingston
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Livingston
“Friendly Staff made the difference”
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed for four nights due to business. Hotel is slightly dated but I found it very comfortable, the staff were absolutely great and my room was very, very quiet.
If you enjoy shopping its just a short walk from a huge retail outlet.
In summary, the hotel could benefit from a refurb but the staff were really friendly, would definately stop again.

• Stayed September 2013
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are pleased you found our location convenient and we sincerely appreciate your comments on our team. We hope to see you again whether staying for business or leisure.
Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We chose this hotel after a recent stay in Edinburgh to visit family. We normally stay a lot nearer to town but being the festival this was a lot cheaper being based out of town!

We were pleasantly surprised (some of the previous reviews had me dreading the stay a little)! I have to say though it was a very pleasant experience.

For what we paid we were very happy.

Pros - free parking, free wifi, breakfast buffet was very good, very friendly staff who go above and beyond, good sized room and comfortable. Facilities we did not use but they looked to be fine.

Cons - none was all fine and would stay again.

For getting into Edinburgh we parked at Livingston North and took the train in which got us into the centre in 17 minutes. Very regular trains and free parking at the station too!

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and I didnt feel comfortable to sleep with the window open. Not the hot...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Guest,
I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and thank you for telling us about it. Staying in Edinburgh city can be an expensive affair, particularly during the festival, and I and it was good to hear that we proved to be a good value alternative and travel was convenient.
I hope we might see you again soon.
Glagow
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Formerly the Radisson I've stayed here several times whenever my husband is in this area on business and have always found it a comfortable place to stay. It has also steadily improved since the Mercure take over. It is now well signposted which is helpful as the road network in the area can be difficult to navigate. The food was much better this time and the quality of the breakfast buffet was very good. I look forward to the next visit.

Room Tip: The only problem you may experience is noise in the corridors from other guests if you are unlucky a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about this visit. It is always a pleasure to hear from regular guest and I am glad to read that the improvements are well received.
We hope to see you again soon.
Lancs
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We eventually arrived at our Destination like the previous review the roadworks through us off track a bit . Anyway once arrived a nice welcome at the Reception and then checked into our room. Which had everything in we needed and was clean and comfortable. We then had a little walk around the Area, and then back to hotel for a night cap and I have to say the Staff were very friendly and helpful, gave us good tips on how to get into Edinburgh the day after.
Lovely Breakfast which was included in our package and a nice restaurant to have it in.
I would definitely stay here again if I happen to be in that Area again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Guest,
I am sorry that you and other reviewers have had trouble finding us with the nearby road works presenting an additional challenge. These will hopefully be complete in 3 weeks and should make things easier.
I was pleased to see that once you had arrived you found the hotel comfortable and the team to be friendly and helpful. It will be a pleasure to share your experience with them.
I hope we might see you again soon.
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

I arrived late and there were two young men behind the main desk they were very helpful and well spoken I am not to sure of there names but after a long journey they really put a smile on my face and would definitely come back to Scotland as for the room it was very well kept no problems what so ever and the breakfast was absolutely fantastic top marks for the chef's and the staff in morning were fab couldn't ask for better.

• Stayed August 2013
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I was pleased to read that you were well received on arrival and enjoyed your breakfast. It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with the teams. We hope to see you again soon.
Many thanks,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
Princes Street and Gardens
Mercure Edinburgh City - Princes Street Hotel
Travelodge Livingston
#2 of 4 in Livingston
Livingston Lodge Hotel
#4 of 4 in Livingston
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry

Been to Mercure Livingston? Share your experiences!