“Good hotel in good location”
Review of Mercure Livingston

Mercure Livingston
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Livingston
“Good hotel in good location”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

There is plenty of free parking , the location of the hotel is excellent for the designer outlet ,asda and getting around livingston . The staff are friendly the standard rooms are very basic. The privilege rooms are really good , 1 improvement I would suggest is to have a bath in them . It is worth paying a bit more and getting the price ledge rooms the beds are more comfortable . The standard room beds are quite uncomfortable . Breakfast is great with s choice of fresh fruit , fruit juices and full breakfast . You must remember this is a 3 star hotel .

• Stayed October 2013
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about this trip. We are grateful for your comments and were pleased to read that you enjoyed the extra little touches in our Privilege rooms.
Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Desk staff very welcoming and helpful.Restaurant slow food good but look warm.Pillows terrible bed comfy. Had a great time shopping location great.Will defiantly return but will take my pillow with me.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.
I am please you enjoyed your stay but not your pillows. We will be replacing all our pillows in the New Year and hope that on your next visit you will have a totally enjoyable sleep.
Kind Regards,
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed just a few weeks ago to visit family and as I arrived the girl on reception was to busy chatting in little office behind the desk was not impressed and her attitude was absolutely shocking she looked as if she was just out of bed!! The stay was made a little better at night as the nights guys tom and ali were absolutely fantastic so funny and well spoken they definitely made my stay more fun and I may even return to the hotel simply because the night staff are so much more welcoming and more respectful to guests.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am sorry that your welcome to the hotel was anything but sincere and immediate and we will work to improve on this. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the nights team and we do hope we might welcome you back to the hotel.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed at the Mercure for the one night and for the brief time I was there was impressed the room was clean and had everything you needed (tea coffee/ extra towels/ pillows etc). Breakfast was a nice mix of English and continental. The hotel was in easy walking distance of The Mall and taxi of the stations

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about this visit. I was please to read the hotel was comfortable, meals enjoyable and the location convenient for you. I hope we might look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
West Yorkshire
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed here Monday to Friday for 2 weeks whilst on business. The 1st week I had a standard room which was a bit dated but comfortable enough. The 2nd week I managed to book a privelege room which was a lot more modern and had extra facilities like a coffee maker, iron, free movies and even better complimentary biscuits. I used the restaurant every night and the food was very good and priced reasonably, likewise breakfast was also very nice. The service in the restaurant is generally fine, although it did suffer on a couple of evenings when there were coach parties staying. Service in the bar was a bit hit and miss and the price of drinks was expensive. There is a small gym and pool, however it's not worth bothering with if there are more than half a dozen people using it. You need to carefully check your bill when checking out, I had over £50 of someone else's food and drinks added to my bill, however the staff at reception removed this without any problems.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I was pleased to read that your enjoyed one of our Privilege rooms on your second week and generally your meals. I am sorry that our service slipped on a couple of nights and for the error with your account but was pleased to see this was quickly resolved. We will work to improve on both these points. We hope we might welcome you again.
Kind regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
Princes Street and Gardens
Mercure Edinburgh City - Princes Street Hotel
Livingston Lodge Hotel
#4 of 4 in Livingston

Been to Mercure Livingston? Share your experiences!