“Good hotel, great staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Livingston

Mercure Livingston
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Livingston
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
“Good hotel, great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here twice now and I can honestly say I haven't been disappointed. The rooms are very spacious and well equipped, plenty of teas and coffees is always a good start for me. The bathrooms are a little dated buts it's only for a wash or shower so there is no problem there in my eyes. The staff is where this hotel excels, the receptionists are extremely good looking(always a bonus) very friendly and helpful and very good at there job. The bar staff are very polite and very good at their job, adding a touch of class to the bar area, first class staff in my opinion. All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank scott b
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your two visits and found the staff to be welcoming and friendly. Thanks for your recommendation and I hope we can welcome you back soon.
Many thanks,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Spent 1 night here for business. The hotel is tired and needs some updates ....overall food was very good and service good. Easy stopover. Had the pizza and was very tasty. Room was clean too. Breakfast was OK but I am not used to fried toast and beans so if you want authentic Scottish breakfast food then you get it here !

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about this stay. I’m glad this was an easy stopover for you and that you enjoyed your pizza and the service at dinner. Thank you to for the other points and we will work to improve our offers on these matters.
Dumfries, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a two nights as a family and did not meet our expectations of a three-star hotel. The rooms are out dated and the bathroom in one of our rooms was very small. One night we went to the hotel restaurant and it took an hour for a one course meal. The tv is hard to work as you have to go through menu after menu to watch tv. In conclusion, I would recommend you to stay at the premier instead of here even though it is further away from Livingston shopping centres it is far better and I would not stay here again.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am sorry for the delays in the restaurant and the frustrations you encountered with the television. We will work on our service delivery in the Brasserie and will make any future TV arrangements more accessible. I am sorry we might not be able to welcome you back but if we might; please do not hesitate to contact me if I can help arrange this.
Kind regards,

Travellers are raving about these Livingston hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Last minute weekend off work and we seen a great 2 night deal for this hotel with dinner included. I really cant fault it at all. We were welcomed by the loveliest girl on reception on Friday night and then we went for dinner. It was absolutley delicious- the best food I have had in a long time. The room was clean and comfortable but the only down fall was the heat which is out with the hotels control. We had a really enjoyable weekend and great value for money so I would 100% recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jforres1
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about your stay. So pleased you managed to book a good value last minute break with us. We are very grateful for your comments on the food and the welcome that added to your enjoyment. It will be my pleasure to share your comments. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews I was a little bit pessimistic about the stay here. But on arrival the staff were polite, the rooms are large and clean, and the driver was fantastic. What more do you want for a stay over business trip? Would stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are pleased this was a success and that you found the hotel clean and welcoming.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Europe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

As Mercure hotels go, the Livingston Hotel is one of the better ones. It's all on one floor (I think, anyway) so there's no lift, but it is set in quite a large area of land so there's nothing close by to disturb you.

The staff are helpful and friendly. The restaurant is very good, by the standards of Mercure, even when you consider they they are serving a standard menu that is the same in all the hotels across the group.

Bedrooms seem to be larger than usual for a Mercure, but that's probably because there is just more physical space available. I had a twin room (two single beds) and only used one, but it was big and comfortable even for a single bed and I slept like a baby.

There's a big shopping mall about three minutes' walk away, but it's hidden behind trees and there is no little or noise. Convenient for going out (there's movies and shops, although the restaurants are pretty limited: an Ask, a Wagamamas, a Nando's and, er, that's it. (Livingston is the Milton Keynes of Central Scotland so that might explain it.)

it's about halfway between Livingston's two railway stations. Taxis are more expensive than the hotel website suggests: be prepared to pay £8 from Livingston South, and more from Livingston North.

If you have to be in LIvingston, go to the Mercure; it will make your stay seem much more relaxed. Recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about this visit. We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel, your meals and had chance to visit the town. The retail areas are easily accessed from the hotel and are a popular with many of our guest but there is much, much more nearby such as river walks, parks and historical attractions plus family days out too. We appreciate these might not suit a business trip but the staff will be happy to advise if you are looking for something different to the shopping malls.
Thank you for your comments regarding the team and we hope we can welcome you again soon.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The desk staff were so nice I couldn't mark this lower than a 3. As for everything else, I wasn't blown away at all.
Was given a ground floor room on a sunny day. Opened the door and they'd have the heating turned to 30 on the wall. Windows screwed shut and no zircon. Obviously asked to move ASAP. They related me upstairs and had to call a maintenance man to open that window. Was nice to have a breeze after that for my 2 days stay.
The desk lasses recommended places to go for a run, to eat and local hospital that I needed to find. All with natural friendliness - Thanks girls.

Other good points

-Nice sized rooms with god space to do work at a desk - if that's your thing
-NIce location close to some great shops and factory discount outlets. Make sure you go visit and they close at 6 mind!
-Free Wifi with no hassle. just one passcode.

Where they could improve
-Shower is terrible, you have to get both taps right temperature then pull a lever. Only thing is even when its coming out the shower, for some reason it pours only the hot out the bottom tap burning your feet. WORST shower ever in fact.
-Pool - The pool is tiny and you can see the amount of chemicals just by going down to the pool height. I'd love to know what the PH reading was today. Never went in obis
-Gym- Although they do say mini gym. It's very mini. Also the buttons on the cross trainer just didn't work. I lost patience and went and bought loads of food instead. Was eel up for getting massive at the gym before that too.

Would I stay again? I would, but I'd be looking on Hotels.com for other places with a better gym and pool as thats my main need when away.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are grateful for your feedback for our reception team and of course this will be relayed to them. I am sorry that the shower was miss functioning in your room and for the difficulties you encountered with the cross trainer. We’ll address these but do understand that our gym is not equipped for a thorough work out and appreciate this is of high importance to you.
Kind regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
Princes Street and Gardens
Mercure Edinburgh City - Princes Street Hotel
Livingston Lodge Hotel
#4 of 4 in Livingston
Travelodge Livingston
#2 of 4 in Livingston

Been to Mercure Livingston? Share your experiences!