“Outdated”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Livingston
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Outdated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel obviously used to be one of the better hotels in the area. It is now considerably outdated and in need of a makeover. Television did not work, picture kept cutting out. If this hotel was updated and the amenities were made to be in working order, it would be considerably better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about your stay and we appreciate your comments. We are sorry for the problems you encountered with the TV and if were not able to attend to this during your visit. I hope we might be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had a great stay in this Hotel. It was clean, modern and so well located for Edinburgh. A bonus is the huge shopping mall.......and then if that's not enough, a designer outlet as well. The Staff were friendly and efficient. Breakfast had a great selection and the dinners were good.

Room Tip: We asked for a quite room when booking....and we did have one :-)
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are pleased this was an enjoyable visit and that you found the hotel to be both convenient for Edinburgh and Livingston’s renowned shopping centres. Thank you for your feedback for the team, it will my pleasure to share this.
I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Hyde, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night before a wedding , after reading some reviews myself and partner were a bit unsure of staying here , we stayed anyway and found it was very nice clean and very comfortable , the decor was abit dated but that didn't put us off , I would recommend paying in advance for breakfast as the restaurant is very very expensive , there is lots of places around nearby to eat , overall I would stay here again for a short stay

Stayed July 2014
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am pleased you found the hotel comfortable and welcoming for your overnight. We hope the wedding celebrations were enjoyable and that we might welcome you back in the future.
Livingston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Mercure, Livingston hosted the Reception for our our daughter's wedding on Friday 25th July. Thanks to guidance and input from Julie, the Mercure's wedding planner, our event was perfectly delivered, stress free, and thoroughly enjoyed by all our guests. The meals were perfect with many compliments from the few Vegans. The late evening hot and cold buffet was also very well done, with many more compliments. At the end of the Reception our guests were full of praise for all aspects of the evening. Our booking for 7 bedrooms for overnight after the Reception was also perfect, followed by a relaxing breakfast for all our party the next day

Well done Julie and all your team

Room Tip: rooms on the east side overlook a quiet lawn. On the north side they overlook a car park which may h...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted your daughter’s wedding was a success and that all enjoyed the celebrations and their overnight stays. It will be my pleasure to share your review with the team.
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here twice now and I can honestly say I haven't been disappointed. The rooms are very spacious and well equipped, plenty of teas and coffees is always a good start for me. The bathrooms are a little dated buts it's only for a wash or shower so there is no problem there in my eyes. The staff is where this hotel excels, the receptionists are extremely good looking(always a bonus) very friendly and helpful and very good at there job. The bar staff are very polite and very good at their job, adding a touch of class to the bar area, first class staff in my opinion. All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank scott b
Nick W, General Manager at Mercure Livingston, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your two visits and found the staff to be welcoming and friendly. Thanks for your recommendation and I hope we can welcome you back soon.
Many thanks,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Spent 1 night here for business. The hotel is tired and needs some updates ....overall food was very good and service good. Easy stopover. Had the pizza and was very tasty. Room was clean too. Breakfast was OK but I am not used to fried toast and beans so if you want authentic Scottish breakfast food then you get it here !

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about this stay. I’m glad this was an easy stopover for you and that you enjoyed your pizza and the service at dinner. Thank you to for the other points and we will work to improve our offers on these matters.
Dumfries, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a two nights as a family and did not meet our expectations of a three-star hotel. The rooms are out dated and the bathroom in one of our rooms was very small. One night we went to the hotel restaurant and it took an hour for a one course meal. The tv is hard to work as you have to go through menu after menu to watch tv. In conclusion, I would recommend you to stay at the premier instead of here even though it is further away from Livingston shopping centres it is far better and I would not stay here again.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am sorry for the delays in the restaurant and the frustrations you encountered with the television. We will work on our service delivery in the Brasserie and will make any future TV arrangements more accessible. I am sorry we might not be able to welcome you back but if we might; please do not hesitate to contact me if I can help arrange this.
Kind regards,

Travellers are raving about these Livingston hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
Princes Street and Gardens
Mercure Edinburgh City - Princes Street Hotel
Livingston Lodge Hotel
#4 of 4 in Livingston

Been to Mercure Livingston? Share your experiences!