“Student menu plan”

Ranked #1 of 100 Restaurants in Livingston
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Terrace Restaurant can be found on the campus of West Lothian College, which is used for training chefs and food service students who will then take up places of employment in a wide variety of eateries across Scotland and further afield . The college would like to thank our customers for the tremendous support they have given us over many years. The Terrace Restaurant will open for lunches on 10th Oct 2016,Dinners are available from 8th Sept 2016 . Thanks for viewing our restaurant look forward to welcoming to Terrace.
Bathgate, West Lothian, United Kingdom
“Student menu plan”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Enjoyed a 5star quality meal prepared by the students, excellent service and extremely tasty food. Go book a table and experience this for yourself.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Dennis M

Livingston, United Kingdom
“Food good, service shocking”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Went for lunch after reading about the college restaurant here on Tripadvisor. Both of us seated and we were given one menu and ordered two soft drinks, within 30 seconds our waiter was asking for our order, I asked for a couple of minutes as I hadn't looked at the menu yet. Starters were good, main course was on the table withing 20 seconds of starters being cleared. A minute later just as we were starting our mains the waiter appears back with two menus this time asking if we would like to order dessert and coffee, we stopped eating and ordered, a couple of minutes later the coffee arrived and the waiter asked if we were finished with our drinks ! two half full glasses on the table, I said no, he then asks if we were finished with our cans! again no. I finished my main course before my dining partner, as soon as I put my cutlery down, he was over again asking if I wanted my dessert straight away or wanted to wait until we were both ready. I go the feeling as soon as our table was served that he could finish.
I understand this is a training restaurant, but obviously this young man hadn't been trained very well in restaurant service. Throughout the meal the female restaurant lecturer was constantly giving another male student a lot of grief, very loudly, for making small errors, it was a bit off putting and I felt embarrassed for the boy.
Overall the food was ok, but if you are charging, albeit a small amount, you need to get the service correct from the start.

• Visited February 2014
livingston
“Excellent visit fantastic meal !”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I've had lunch here before and it was fab, waited 6 weeks for a booking for dinner to take my husband. We were welcomed by the students and shown to our table where we were given canapés and a Kir royale, my husband had rabbit for his starter and I has chicken wings with several dips both were yummy mains we both had duck which was beautiful and the glazed carrots were to die for ! Dessert was chocolate pudding and an apple and blackberry tarte tatin with a berry sorbet, the sorbet was stunning !!! We actually spoke to the young man who made it and had nothing but praise for him. Finished off with coffee and petit fours, we also had 2 bottles do Stella and a bottle of wine , in total was £41 it was worth every penny . Fantastic job done by the chefs and waiting staff , definitely the best resturant in livingston , booked it again on the spot for 3 weeks time, can't wait to go back

Great job everyone !!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank princesslorna
“Cuisine at its best”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

If i never joined the college i most probably would never have known about this place..If you enjoy great food than this place is a Must.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank shnore
Livingston, United Kingdom
“What a gem of a restaurant”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Having lived in Livingston for a while, I was intrigued as to what / where this place was as always scored high on Tripadvisor. Booked in for a family meal and must say, what a great meal. All the little touches separated this place from the rest.
On arrival at the collage, took a couple of mins to find where to go, but when we were seated, a small champagne cocktail was delivered to the table. Then some canapés - all freshly made. Now to dinner - a further three courses (along with some home made bread).
Food was really good quality and the menu was a refreshing change from the "norm" in other restaurants. Rabbit samosas as a starter, pigeon stew as a main and a wide selection of deserts.
The price is also really reasonable - even the beer / wine.
I really could not fault this place and see why it is "top of the charts" for Livingston Restaurants.
All the staff here are students training in the catering and really friendly. Some of the waiting staff appeared quite nervous, but all round did a great job.

Visited March 2014