“Hidden gems!”

Ranked #1 of 100 Restaurants in Livingston
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Terrace Restaurant can be found on the campus of West Lothian College, which is used for training chefs and food service students who will then take up places of employment in a wide variety of eateries across Scotland and further afield . The college would like to thank our customers for the tremendous support they have given us over many years. The Terrace Restaurant will open for lunches on 10th Oct 2016,Dinners are available from 8th Sept 2016 . Thanks for viewing our restaurant look forward to welcoming to Terrace.
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Hidden gems!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We went to this restaurant a fortnight ago, our first time for dinner, having previously been a few times for the lunch, have to say from start to finish it was very good. They pulled a superb vegetarian main meal out of the hat which was delicious, veggie cous cous with ratatouille. Our waiter Mark , couldn't have been more helpful, he was just so sweet, a big thank you to everyone for such a nice night, atmosphere was great too, well done

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Hazel K

Bathgate, United Kingdom
“Good Quality Food...Excellent value for money.”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Had lunch last Thursday and was very impressed by the quality of the food on offer...The value for money interesting menu was hard to beat. Well done to the students for their hard work and creative flair.

3 Thank kathleenT66
Dalgety Bay, Dunfermline
“A very enjoyable evening.”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We arrived this evening in the pouring rain. Coats and umbrellas were whisked away and we were shown to our table without delay. I didn't have a chair, I was seated on a padded bench which was uncomfortable after a few minutes - no support for my back. I asked if there was a cushion but after a little deliberation, our table was moved slightly so that I could have a chair, too. Perfect solution! Our waiter was a personable young man who was attentive all evening and gave us very good, unhurried service. The only thing I can suggest for improvement is his voice which was fairly quiet and a little hard to understand. Maybe it was a confidence thing - or maybe it was because we are not Scottish! Oh and another small thing is that cutlery and glasses that aren't going to be used could be taken away to leave a bit more room on the table. My coeliac husband was well catered for and is not used to having so many gluten-free choices. He enjoyed his gf canapes, starter of mushroom risotto, main of perfectly cooked beef and oxtail and dessert of a specially-made gf cranachan. I wasn't so fond of the risotto, it was overcooked, a little stodgy and not as hot as I would have liked but my main of vegetable tart was light and delicious as was the cranachan to finish. Well, it wasn't to finish because more was to come in the shape of daintily-made petit fours that complemented our coffee. Every dish was thoughtfully presented. We made a special journey to Livingston to come here and it was well worth it.

3 Thank MillyMollyMandy01
Bathgate, West Lothian, United Kingdom
“Student menu plan”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Enjoyed a 5star quality meal prepared by the students, excellent service and extremely tasty food. Go book a table and experience this for yourself.

2 Thank Dennis M
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Food good, service shocking”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Went for lunch after reading about the college restaurant here on Tripadvisor. Both of us seated and we were given one menu and ordered two soft drinks, within 30 seconds our waiter was asking for our order, I asked for a couple of minutes as I hadn't looked at the menu yet. Starters were good, main course was on the table withing 20 seconds of starters being cleared. A minute later just as we were starting our mains the waiter appears back with two menus this time asking if we would like to order dessert and coffee, we stopped eating and ordered, a couple of minutes later the coffee arrived and the waiter asked if we were finished with our drinks ! two half full glasses on the table, I said no, he then asks if we were finished with our cans! again no. I finished my main course before my dining partner, as soon as I put my cutlery down, he was over again asking if I wanted my dessert straight away or wanted to wait until we were both ready. I go the feeling as soon as our table was served that he could finish.
I understand this is a training restaurant, but obviously this young man hadn't been trained very well in restaurant service. Throughout the meal the female restaurant lecturer was constantly giving another male student a lot of grief, very loudly, for making small errors, it was a bit off putting and I felt embarrassed for the boy.
Overall the food was ok, but if you are charging, albeit a small amount, you need to get the service correct from the start.

• Visited February 2014