“Apart from the noise, a very good Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Livingston (M8, Jct3) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Livingston
Wombwell, England, United Kingdom
“Apart from the noise, a very good Premier Inn”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed at this Premier Inn with my boyfriend just for one night as a stop off on our way to the Cairngorms.
The hotel itself is simply a Premier Inn. Amazing value for money as we booked in advance so managed to get a 29.99 deal.
The room was the same as most Premier Inns, with a comfy bed as always and lovely soft pillows. The en suite was fine however, the shower was not very powerful.
The only con to staying at this Premier Inn was that our room (93) was located at the front the hotel and therefore was exposed to traffic noise from the motorway close by. I cannot complain about this as we knew the location of the Premier Inn prior to our stay. However, although the noise was not horrendous, it did prevent me from sleeping.
The main pro of this Premier was the personal phone call I received on the morning of our stay to ask if we required directions/satnav postcode and also if we required to book a table at the Beefeater restaurant adjacent to the hotel. I have not received a phone call like that before when staying at a Premier Inn. And I was grateful for this personal touch.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying for just the one night as the location is perfect for an onward journey. However, I wouldn't advise any longer stays simply because the road noise was an issue for me.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the hotel as I assume the road noise would be slightly more baffled...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Julie B, Manager at Premier Inn Livingston (M8, Jct3) Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Emma C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear you managed to get booking one of our Saver Rates - they're excellent value for those who can plan ahead. It's great that our pre-arrival call helped you before you got to us.

My apologies for the noise you experienced during your stay. As you say, we do make guests aware of the potential noise prior to them booking. If you do decide to stay with us again please do not hesitate to contact us directly before you arrive and we will ensure you are put in one of our quietest rooms.

Thank you again for your review.

Premier Inn Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Ilkley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

First time for a very long time that I have stayed at a Premier Inn. The room was very good but I forgot to mention when we left that the window in our room was not draught proof ( have subsequently mentioned it in a PI survey that I have just completed.)
The staff were polite and very helpful both in the hotel and in the adjoining Beefeater restaurant where we ate Dinner and Breakfast. The only fault I found at breakfast was the time it took to cook the hot breakfast and I was just pleased that the restaurant was not busy otherwise we may have still been there at lunchtime. However, the food was worth waiting for.
I would stay here again at this Hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear hofllkly,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay with us. I'm glad you found our team here to be polite and helpful, they really do strive to ensure that everyone has a great stay with us.

I will pass on your comments to the restaurant regarding your breakfast experience. I'm glad you found the food worth waiting for - we hope it set you up for your day ahead.

Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Lincoln
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Brilliant stay.... Room was clean .. Staff were warm and welcoming , highly recommended.

Breakfast was amazing nice and freshly cooked.. Staff were excellent towards the children ...

Brilliant time !!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Julie B, Manager at Premier Inn Livingston (M8, Jct3) Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Michelle C,

Thank you for leaving us such a positive review of your recent stay. It's always great to hear positive feedback and the team will be delighted when I pass on your comments.

Once again, thank you for your review. We hope we can welcome you and your family back in the near future.

Kinds Regards

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I've stayed at loads of hotels posh and budget so I was just expecting a cheap middle of the road room.
I was pleasantly surprised with the size of my room (Room 19 right next to reception) and the commfort level of the bed.

Positives
-Bed - Lush matess and good variation of pillows for between my knees and behind my head
-Staff - Helpfull and smiley lass on reception
-Nice iron and board - simple things but no horrid attachments or tricks to ironing. Just a normal iron and ironing board.
-Beefeater food - mint Burger and desert with a decent price selection for pre 6:30PM
-Breakfast - Service from the cool black guy was first class. Nice poached eggs too.

Negatives
-Location - Nothing really around to do other than sleep or drink at the bar
-No gym or pool. I'm trying to get massive and fit, this doesnt help.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Julie B, Manager at Premier Inn Livingston (M8, Jct3) Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Basurq,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your recent stay. I'm pleased to read that you found lots of positive things about your stay and that you found our team to be friendly and helpful.

As a budget hotel, Premier Inn do not offer leaisure facilities within their hotels. We do however have a deal with our local Golf anf Country club which is only a few minutes walk from the hotel, whre you can use the facilities there for a reduced rate during your stay. If you choose to stay with us again please ensure you speak to one of our reception team who will be happy to help you with this.

Our location makes us an ideal base for travelling around the area. There is a bus stop right outside our front door which will take you in to Edinburgh or to the local shopping centres in Livingston. We are also a short drive from our closest train station which again will take you directly in to Edinburgh or Glasgow.

Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your thoughts.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Having stayed at many premier inns this is one of they better ones. Lovely friendly staff who go out of their way to help you. Would recommend for families as it is amazing value. Rooms all clean and beds very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Julie B, Manager at Premier Inn Livingston (M8, Jct3) Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Sinead L,

Thank you for leaving a positive review of your recent stay with us. I'm pleased to read that the team here helped make your stay a little more comfortable. With so many attractions in the area, as well as lots of shopping, we are an ideal location for families. As you said we also offer great value for families with kids under 16 staying for free and eating breakfast for free!

Thanks again for your thoughts. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Wallsend,England.
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed here for two nights last week, I was booked in very quickly and my room was up to the usual Premier Inn pristine standard. The good point about this hotel is it has a Beefeater pub alongside it which I used and I must say the food was excellent and also the breakfast. The staff in the hotel and bar where very nice and helpfull.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear GeordieRed,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your thoughts on your recent stay with us. I'm glad you found our team to be helpful - they always strive to deliver the best for our guests and will be delighted to hear your comments.

Thank you once again.

Leven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The receptionist was very helpful, the room was basic with tea & coffee making facilities but comfortable. The Beefeater is next door with friendly staff, the food is excellant & the prices are ok I would reconmend you book your table as the restaurant is very busy. The shopping centre is about 10mins away.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Robert L,

Many thanks for your positive review. I will pass your comments on to the team who will be delighted with your comments. We are a great location for shopoholics with Livingston Designer Outlet only 5 minutes drive from us and Edinburgh city centre within easy reach on the train.

Thank you again for your review.

Premier Inn Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
Livingston Lodge Hotel
#3 of 4 in Livingston
Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel
Hotel ibis budget Edinburgh Business Park
Macdonald Houstoun House

Been to Premier Inn Livingston (M8, Jct3) Hotel? Share your experiences!